Question about Car Audio & Video
Is there a way to disable the seat belt chime?
Belt Minder Deactivating/Activating
1. Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the transmission range selector lever in P (PARK) (automatic transmission) or the NEUTRAL position (manual transmission).
2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
3. Close all the vehicle doors.
4. Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
5. Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately one to two minutes).
3. NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during belt minder warning activation.
4. Turn the parking lamps/headlamps ON then OFF.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be illuminated for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable the belt minder if enabled.
7. The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:
-flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds
-three seconds with the safety belt lamp off
-flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again
8. The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation that the belt minder is disabled.
9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2016 | Seat Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2015 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2015 | Seat Cars & Trucks
Aug 16, 2014 | 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT
May 13, 2013 | 2006 GMC Envoy
Jan 19, 2013 | 2011 Chevrolet Impala
Apr 25, 2010 | Jaguar S-Type Cars & Trucks
Sep 03, 2009 | Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Cars & Trucks
Apr 21, 2009 | 1997 Mercury Sable
352 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: