An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Seat Belt Chime
Belt Minder Deactivating/Activating
1. Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake. Place the transmission range selector lever in P (PARK) (automatic transmission) or the NEUTRAL position (manual transmission).
2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
3. Close all the vehicle doors.
4. Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
5. Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately one to two minutes).
3. NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during belt minder warning activation.
4. Turn the parking lamps/headlamps ON then OFF.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be illuminated for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable the belt minder if enabled.
7. The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:
-flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds
-three seconds with the safety belt lamp off
-flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again
8. The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation that the belt minder is disabled.
9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a switch in the seat that operates when someone is sitting on it. This will operate the seat belt warning if someone sits on it and does not do up their seat belt. It appears that this switch is intermittently faulty. If you remove the seat (usually only 4 bolts) you should find the wires to the switch and can either bypass it or replace it.
In the old days, before it became compulsory to wear seat belts, people would simply fit the seat belt into the catch and then sit on them.
To disable the chime, it would need to be located and then disconnected or alternatively be fooled into silence by by-passing the switches.
It would probably be more satisfactory to wear the belts.
It is chiming with the seat belt in operation then have it checked out. I you do not wish to wear the seat belt just do it up and sit on it Why anybody would want to turn of a safety alarm is a bit beyond comprehension.
Candy, I'm not sure why you want to disable the pass seat belt chime, maybe its going off even with no one in the seat. BUT, the only way to stop it would be to plug the seat belt into the buckle. Hope this helps and have an awesome day Candy
Unfortunately if you take this to a shop they can get into alot of trouble doing this for you. Some are controlled by the body control module and others are just simple circuits. Look at you seat belt female end and look for a harness that goes to it. If it's just 2 wires connect those two wires together to trick the system! You should always wear your seatbelt by the way.
Solution: Put on your seat belt!!!!!! Save a life!!!
Soultion: There has to be a fuse either under the dash or under the hood that controlls the chime.
There is a switch in the seatbelt connecter that controlls the chime. It has either failed or the wireing that carried the signal to shut the chime off has been damaged.