Question about Car Amplifiers
Is there a way to disable the seat belt chime?
Belt Minder Deactivating/Activating
1. Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the transmission range selector lever in P (PARK) (automatic transmission) or the NEUTRAL position (manual transmission).
2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
3. Close all the vehicle doors.
4. Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
5. Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately one to two minutes).
3. NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during belt minder warning activation.
4. Turn the parking lamps/headlamps ON then OFF.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be illuminated for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable the belt minder if enabled.
7. The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:
-flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds
-three seconds with the safety belt lamp off
-flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again
8. The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation that the belt minder is disabled.
9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2015 | Car Amplifiers
Sep 02, 2012 | Quad Dodge Ram 2009-2012 Quad/crew Cab...
Sep 20, 2011 | Kenwood KAC-9152D Car Audio Amplifier
Jul 23, 2011 | Power Acoustik SPL 1600 WATT 2 CH AMP ***...
Aug 01, 2010 | Orion Car Amplifiers
Jul 18, 2010 | Car Amplifiers
Jun 24, 2010 | JVC 4-CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER Car Audio...
Jan 21, 2010 | Car Amplifiers
Jul 18, 2009 | Performance Teknique ICBM-9540 Car Audio...
Jun 15, 2007 | Solid Audio F11D 1-Channel Amplifier Car...
350 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!