When I turn it on it shows the screen with Acer and at the bottom it says press F2 to enter setup and it just stuck there.It doesn't want to go into setup or anything. It doesn't seem to load. Pls can you help,I've only had it for 2days!!!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Restart your computer During the boot process you will see on the screen to press a certain key to enter setup usually the Delete or F2 key this will vary depending on your computer and operating system Press and hold that key during the boot up process to enter BIOS using the arrow keys load failsafe defaults or load optimized defaults press escape then press f10 to save to cmos to restart If this fails you might try some of these Acer: - Ctrl+Alt+Esc
Suggest using Acer eRecovery Management to attempt problem resolution as follows...
1. begin with the D250 powered off ...
2. if present, remove any external monitor (unplug its VGA connector from D250 left side)
3. power on and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS / setup utility
4. using the right cursor key, cursor over to the Main tab of the InsydeH20 Setup Utility
5. if D2D Recovery is not enabled, cursor down to it, press Enter key and enable in pop-up
6. save any changes by pressing F10 to save and exit, otherwise press Esc to just exit
7. press Alt and F10 together while the Acer logo is showing to get entry into eRecovery.
8. eRecovery entry is indicated by message at bottom of screen "Windows is loading files...".
9. if not successful, power off, wait a minute then power on again and immediately
10. press Alt and F10 at the same time - do this several times while Acer logo showing.
11. once in Acer eRecovery Management (V7.0.10) screen, just leave it there........
12. if after a day or so, the screen has not changed, the problem is likely NOT hardware.
13. on the other hand, if your screen problem occurs after awhile, then it is hardware.
14. if it is not hardware, then your Operating System is likely corrupt or has a virus.
15. If it is not a hardware problem, you can completely restore system to factory defaults.
16. board level hardware repairs best done by sending D250 to Acer's authorized shops.
You need to go inside BIOS to find out whats the boot sequence. To activate the BIOS Utility, press F2 during POST (when “Press <F2> to enter Setup” message is prompted on the bottom of screen). Press F2 to enter setup. The default parameter of F12 Boot Menu is set to “disabled”. If you want to change boot device without entering BIOS Setup Utility, please set the parameter to “enabled”. Press <F12> during POST to enter multi-boot menu. In this menu, user can change boot device without entering BIOS SETUP Utility. Navigate to BOOT page on top.
Upon loading press F2 or del to enter bios setup and change the settings to display the acer welcome screen and the one you said about Microsoft logo and white box with green lines, you cant by pass it because it's windows loading screen
try pressing the fn key and F5 or look for 2 monitors on one of the F keys its F5 on my acer 5520 that switches display modes also try going into the bios i think its F2 as soon as you turn on the laptop press F2 or look on the screen for the key to enter setup or bios and restore everything to default save settings restart