When i print the computer said it is general error and the printer is going to shut down for some time but still when i open it for printing its not working how can i fix this problem anybody can help me in this problem
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Give this a try
***Manually clear the print queue***
1) Open the "Services" panel. The easiest way to do this is click "Start" and type "Services.msc" (no quotes) in the search box.
2) Scroll down the list of services to find and select "Print Spooler". Click "Stop" in the left panel.
3) Open Windows Explorer ("Computer" in the Start menu). Navigate to the spooler directory (typically "C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS") .
4) Delete the files in the directory.
5) Go back to the Services panel and click "Start".
Log off your computer so it shuts downs. Log back on Go to control panel -Find Printers -Click on Printers Plug your printer into computer -Printer should show up on screen -Right Click on Printer and set as default -Left Click on printer -Click on see what printing -Cancel job that's printing Close printer -Try to print again
try to see if the printer will print anything by opening and closing the top door that leads into the toner seven times just open and close, if the printer prints a paper with lines then the printer is working now if the printer doesnt then try to take out the ink, paper and unplug the power cord and let the printer set for about three minutes..
If the printer does prints now it up to the printer spooler itself make sure thier isnt any jobs stuck in the spooler, if there is delete them and also reset the printer spooler, if that doesnt clear them out reset the computer, this will help it, finally when you have that done, do a test page by going into the printer and faxes and right clicking the laserjet 1020 going into properties, and in the general tap click on the test page this should print out a test page. if it does then your printer is up and running.
It is really my first time to encounter that particular message that the "directory needed is unavailable". Here are the things that i want you to check.
1. Make sure that you logon to your computer using the Administrator previlege. That way, it will allow you to install and uninstall programs or softwares without any warnings. 2. Try to open the controlpanel>>> go the Printers and faxes>>> then make sure that the HP Deskjet F300 series has a check mark and it says READY. 3. If it doesnt say ready, right click the printer icon and it will give you option "USE PRINTER ONLINE". click on that. 4. Now, try printing a document.
Note: if the issue still not resolve, please give me further informations about the operating system, when you tried to print does it stays on the printing queue?
delete your printer from your computer and reinstall it.
This will reset it. Make sure you have your cd with software and drivers handy or that you can download drivers from your printer company site under support of you device first.
You shouldn't need the drivers but just incase.
After you delete your printer out reboot your computer and reistall your printer. If running windows 2000,xp or Vista it should reistall it when you reboot.
Sounds like a driver or configuration problem, 1st) Make sure when you are printing, to go to Properties, you must choose 2-sided printing each time on that model, some programs won't allow you to change your printers settings.
2nd) go to control panel/ printers/ Al-1641, right click, properties, In the first tab General it should say at the bottom (Double sided - Yes) If not you need to delete the driver, a fairly common problem, and reload the driver, get the driver from Sharps website to be sure you have the most current driver, if a driver is corrupt it won't tell you there is a problem, make sure it allows you to print two sided.