a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to download the video drivers from the Compaq/HP WEB support/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the XP or Vista Windows version of the drivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download the drivers: - www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html
Click the correct link of your computer, in the next page select dyour operating system that is windows vista, if there is no vista there then the driver for vista is not released by hp,if i am right there are drivers for 2nd and 3rd but not the first.
After selecting the operating system click next and select the link to driver-audio and click download
**Even though your computer may SAY that it is a Presario V2000, it may have an entirely different product number for downloading drivers specific to your particular configuration.**
1) Look at the serial code on the back/bottom of your computer: there is a number starting with p/n (ex. p/nEX664UA#APL) This code identifies your computer beyond the V2000 label.
2) Go to the compaq/hp website: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/welcome.html#Support
3) select "Download Drivers and software(and firmware)"
4) THEN, enter your P/N Instead of "Presario V2000" into the product name/number box, and hit enter.
Select your operating system, and you will be redirected to a page listing all the necessary drivers for your model.
On the left of your screen, you will see a box that says "your product" with a picture of a laptop, and a model number beneath it. THIS IS YOUR ACTUAL MODEL NUMBER (Mine was Compaq Presario V2610CA Notebook PC).
5) Download and install the drivers you need, and gappy geeking!!!
Out of the three, which one is your model..
Compaq Presario V2000 CTO Notebook PC
Compaq Presario V2000T CTO Notebook PC
Compaq Presario V2000Z CTO Notebook PC
Please specify and also about the OS you are using?