- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are two ways to open the CD/DVD drive door
if the button just below the drive tray does not work.
Go to My Computer and right click on the drive and click on Eject.
If this does not work then you can manually open the CD/DVD drive tray by -
Straighten a paper clip and gently insert it into a tiny hole below the drive
tray next to the Eject button. Push the paper clip gently until the drive tray
pops out, then pull the tray until it is fully out, then you can remove the
If you still having problem opening with the Eject button, then the CD/DVD
drive is faulty and needs replacing.
1) The tray is not completely in the loaded position and the "clamper" is rubbing. Replace the loading belt and the loading sequence will complete and the noise should stop.
2) The "CD table" that is part of the spindle motor assembly has slipped a bit. This will make the CD/DVD ride too low and strike the lower tray support. This will require that the table be "re-aligned" to the proper height which may not be possible on your model without special measurement equipment. The height is critical to proper operation of the unit.
Try replacing the load belt first and report your results.
The tray won't open. I took top off and dvd top side holder, but the laser mechanism won't disengage so the tray will open, even with no dvd in it. How do
I reset it. I power on, hit open key, it makes hum noise then goes by to
Try this trick. it worked for me. Using a credit card insert it into the Tray opening to remove the front cover of the CD loader. then using 2 fingers push the tray inwards while pressing the eject button. Do this 3 to 5 times. If this does not fix your problem. Send it for repairs.
as techman said "the old" carry with cds inside problem" yes you most have one cd inside thats the problem but letme tell you something is a problem for a cualify tech becouse to remove that cd you have to brake apart the hold cds carrier...good luck