Hi, My name is Dhedik, from Indonesia. I have Canon i9950 and got an error on it. Full waste ink absorber. This is same error with my other printer (Canon Pixma IP1200), but I can solve the problem using Canon printer resetter. Can you give me a link or software to solve my problem?
Dhedik maybe this action can solved your problem
Reset Waste Ink Counter printer Canon i9950 : 1. power off Printer 2. Push and hold resume button and push power button 3. Hold Power button and release Resume button 4. Push Resume button twice ( 2x ), and now release resume button and power button 5. Green light will blinking and stop. 6. When green light on, push resume button 4 x 7. Push Power button and printer will off, if that isn't off, push power butto again until print off position. ok good try, don't forger to vote me, Fixya
My name is Steve and I work for a Canon service company. The ink absorbers need to be replaced. However due to the size of your machine it is advisable to purchase a new machine as they are extremely difficult to change.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The wast ink absorber full, if you want to clean the ink absorber at home without wast money, i will provide you the example in Canon printer,how clean you ink absorber follow the mention below instruction and remove the error of ink absorber.
The printer has a built-in waste ink absorber for the ink used during Print Head cleaning. Eight flashes indicates that the waste ink absorber is nearly full. Press the RESUME/CANCEL button to cancel the error so you can continue printing. Before the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, contact a Canon service representative.
Canon recommends that you call for service as soon as this error occurs. Once the waste ink absorber becomes completely full, printing will no longer be possible
Hi this works with some canon priters try ir codes for reset:
1. Press and hold the POWER button 2. Turn off the printer by disconnecting the printer power cable, 3. turn on the printer, still holding the POWER button The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green. 4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should be orange. 5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.) should be green. 6. Release both buttons. 7. Reconnect the printer cable. 8. And it should be reset.
All best: Pineworks
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.) 2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.) 3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) 4) 4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times to reset 'Waste ink absorber'. 5) Press the Power button to execute.
The Canon inkjet I had required that a service facility perform that task as there is a reset of the firmware that must be done. Try contacting a Canon service provider or tech support to see if they will assist you. I had taken mine completely apart, disconnecting the electronics board and changing the printhead as well before that error cleared but I am not sure if you have to go that far.
following error codes i found E2-2 No paper (ASF) E3-3 Paper jam E4 No ink E5-5 The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed , or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full