You mean you purchased a PCI TV Capture card , not "apci" tv capture card.
Good for you ! , Television Sets are a thing of the past and it's time we moved on.
and your manual says your PCI TV capture card is version 2.0
and that your Installation CD states that it's version 5.0
1. the driver CD version of the drivers on it can be 5.0 this has nothing to do with your PCI TV capture card being 2.0 , they are totaly sepreate things.
2. when you attempt to launch the enltv program you receive the error message
"set up is incorrect"
Your PCI TV Tuner Capture Card is made by Encore.
Well your in luck !
There is excellent support for it here.
But I see a weakness , and a delema
The weakness is that the site may not provide you with what you really need.
and the delema is to decide what you want to do about that !
If you already have a driver loaded , and you can see that everything is ok in the device manager
meaning no yellow exclamation marks on your PCI TV Tuner device then please proceed with these steps
Since Most PCI tuner cards have less than sufficent support and may not work in all circumstance
due to OS incompatabilites. we sometimes have to take matters into our own hands.
1. Install the PCI TV Tuner into the second PCI slot and try to assign it IRQ 9
2. Load the driver if you have no IRQ conflict
3. Load a program called "MediaPortal" a third party freeware open source program designed to give you back the ability to watch your PCI tuner capture card in the event that it's Television software has failed.
Do not load media portal unless you are confident that your PCI TV Tuner Card DRIVER Installed correctly.
Do no load MediaPortal unless you have no other choice.
4. If at this point you have decided to give MediaPortal a try then download it and install it.
DO NOT install MediaPortal at this stage unless you have downloaded ALL the microsoft critical updates and service packs.
Please understand that your computer may be horribly outdated and needs all it's critical updates and service packs , and maybe even updated directx before MediaPortal can run properly
The default password for SA
is "MediaPortal" and that IS case sensitive
Thank you for using FixYa!