Question about Crane Penguin 1 Gallon Humidifier
This is the link to your manual:
Always be sure that the appliance is unplugged and switched OFF before cleaning or attempting to store the item. NEVER PLUG OR UNPLUG UNIT WITH WET HANDS.
DO NOT leave water in water tank or water basin when unit is not in use as it may result in the build up of mineral deposits and bacteria that can inhibit the output efficiency of the humidifier.
PLEASE NOTE that if water remains in the water tank for more than a day or two, bacterial growth is possible.
ALWAYS use fresh cool water when using unit.
NOTE: When removing water tank, water may accumulate under vapor lid and on the bottom of the water tank. It is recommended to have a dry cloth ready to dry wet surfaces.
DISINFECTING THE WATER TANK AND WATER BASIN
1. Fill water tank with 1 teaspoon of household bleach in 1 gallon of water. Let stand twenty minutes, shaking vigorously with two hands every few minutes, drain and rinse with clean water until the bleach smell is gone. Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
2. Wipe the water basin with a soft cloth dampened in the bleach and water solution. Rinse the water basin with cool water to remove any bleach smell. DO NOT IMMERSE WATER BASIN IN WATER.
3. Wipe all exteriors surfaces of the base with a soft, dry cloth. Do not immerse the base in water or use water to clean the base. An electric shock may result or the humidifier may be damaged.
NOTE: It is recommended to clean humidifier with water and bleach solution as stated above after using the humidifier the fourth time.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
Before any cleaning operation, switch the humidifier off and unplug it.
1. Always unplug the unit before cleaning.
2. The humidifier must be drained and cleaned before storing.
3. Once unplugged the exterior of the unit may be cleaned by wiping with a soft dry cloth. Caution: The ON/OFF switch must be thoroughly dry before unit is again plugged into power source.
4. There may be some lime deposits in the nebulizer, particular in areas with hard water. Overcome this drawback by cleaning the nebulizer with water and vinegar on a soft cloth regularly, as follows:
A. Dampen a cloth with vinegar and wipe the nebulizer gently, until the lime deposits disappear completely.
B. Rub down gently with a dry cloth and remove remains of humidity.
C. Do not rub the nebulizer with solid objects.
D. Do not clean with chemical products
5. When cleaning the water basin do not place the nebulizer directly under the water tap.
6. Never immerse the unit in water or let water enter the fan vent (see figure 3) or any other openings.
7. It is normal for water to be in the water basin. However water must not get inside the central body. If this should happen, take the humidifier to an authorized service center before using it again.
8. Clean the inside of the water tank at least once a week, as follows:
A. Fill the tank with clean water adding a few drops of bleach. Close the tank completely with its cap and shake by holding the tank with both hands. Do not hold by handle while shaking the tank.
B. Rinse thoroughly.
Water Level Sensor- The water level sensor is made of three key parts. When cleaning DO NOT MISPLACE these parts and MAKE SURE that you assemble these three parts correctly after cleaning and before operating humidifier. They are as follows:
Plastic Cap – this part has 4 flat tabs coming out from the bottom and is placed on top of a plastic pin.
Water Float - a small round part resembling a "life saver" candy located underneath the plastic cap.
Pin – plastic pin that secures water float and plastic cap.
To clean the water float unscrew the plastic cap from the pin. Remove the water float and clean by wiping the parts with a soft damp cloth. Replace the parts by first putting the water float onto the pin and re-screwing the plastic cap onto pin.
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2013 | Honeywell Humidifiers
Apr 13, 2013 | Crane Cat EE-3187 1 Gallon Humidifier
Oct 19, 2012 | Vicks V150 Humidifier
Mar 03, 2010 | Sunbeam 1117 Humidifier
Feb 19, 2010 | Air-O-Swiss 7133 Humidifier
Jan 11, 2009 | Aprilaire 600 Humidifier
Dec 29, 2008 | Bionaire Humidifier BCM657U Humidifier
Apr 03, 2008 | Venta VS 100 Humidifier
Mar 12, 2008 | Hunter 33202 Humidifier
Feb 15, 2014 | Crane Penguin 1 Gallon Humidifier
908 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: