I have a library of DVD's that I've made and finalized. All are DVD -R or DVD-RW. I have used Roxio 7 to make copies using the Disc Copy part of the program and it has worked well. Now suddenly, it is not working. I recently downloaded the update at the Roxio site, and then tried to copy a DVD again, but it did not fix the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check that the burner is finalizing the discs. This can be set in Roxio or in the optical drive properties. In Windows 7, right click on the optical drive, choose Properties, then the Recording tab. Then the Global settings lets you choose to finalize the disc on eject. Try a different brand of DVD+R and check that the other players support DVD+R discs. (I know some DVD players only support DVD-R.)
This is a common problem. RW DVD are different types. You need to read what type of RW DVD you need there will be either a nimber, leter or symbol at the end of where it says RW DVD or DVD RW and you CANNOT use just any disc.
Hi, Yes it certainly should be compatible with the CD/DVD drive.
Roxio has it's own burning software included with the program, you will just have to explore the software until you work out how to burn a CD using Roxio itself.
If you want to try another burning program try Nero 9 trial. All you have to do is enter your email address and then download the software. Nero is an excellent bit of software, i personally have never had any problems with it. Get Nero 9 here >>>>>>>>>>
- Type of disk--> it must be a DVD RW disk (Read and write), if the media is only DVD R, you can't burn it
- Your DVD driver--> Check if it accepts DVD RW(-) or DVD RW(+) or both. With this information, check if the media matches the driver capability
- Roxio settings--> In the Main Menu select--> Disc--> Disk information--> confirm that the right driver is selected (drive D or E or the letter your computer uses for the DVD driver)