Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
When I click on my desktop HP Solution center software, the program initiates for a second then goes off and a window pops up that says,"No HP devices have been detected. HP Solutions center will close now." I can scan pictures through my HP digital imaging program but cannot scan and ocr documents. I am using MS Office 2007 Professional Office Suite. I have scrubbed and reinstalled the Scanner/printer software and it didnt do any good.
I have been working on the same problem. Here is what I found. 1) When I rebuild my XP system and do not install the XP security patchs, everything works great. As soon as I install the patchs, the system stops working. HP has been unable to help.
Posted on May 03, 2008
I feel your pain!! I have an HP Pro L7650 that behaves the same way. If you figure it out I would sure like to know how you did it. I hate these pickey little problems! Give me SMOKE anytime... I know what to do with that.
Posted on Apr 01, 2008
I have the same problem with my HP Officejet Pro l7580. I was able to get it working, but it is not the optimal solution. First, I restored the system with the system disks but did not put up any of the Microsoft Security patches. Everything works perfect. As soon as I install the patches, I have a problem.
Below is what HP told me, but I have not tried it. I do not believe this is a firewall problem, but I put this out there is someone wanted to try.
Add programs to the firewall exception list
1. Open the firewall program.
2. Add the following files to the Highly Trusted programs list:
* hpqkygrp.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin solution centery.
* hpqscnvw.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin solution centery.
* hpzipm12.exe, located under the C:\windows\system32 solution centery.
* hpzinw12.exe, located under the C:\windows\system32 solution centery.
* hpqtra08.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin solution centery.
*hpqthb08.exe, located under the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin solution centery.
NOTE: Not all of the files mentioned above will be present on your computer.
3. If all these executables are already added, then check if full access has been granted to them.
4. Open the following ports on your firewall utility by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer:
* UDP ports: 161, 427 and 137
* TCP ports: 9220, 9500 and 9290
Posted on May 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2015 | HP Officejet 7500a E910 Multifunction...
Sep 22, 2014 | HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One -...
Feb 03, 2011 | HP Scanjet 4070 Flatbed Scanner
Start the computer and the scanner by pressing the power buttons.
Open the scanner and place the photo facedown on the bed. Close the scanner.
Click "Start" on the desktop task bar. Click "Programs" and then "HP Solution Center." Alternately, you can double-click the HP Solution Center icon if it's on your desktop.
Jan 22, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 04, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 14, 2009 | Memorex Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 05, 2008 | HP ScanJet 3500C Flatbed Scanner
Sep 21, 2008 | HP ScanJet 3500C Flatbed Scanner
Nov 04, 2007 | HP ScanJet 7650 Flatbed Scanner
Jan 18, 2017 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
881 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!