Question about LG LTM9000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Emerson Mwg9111sl microwave blows 20 amp internal fuse instantly everytime.

Less than 1 year old, turned on one day loud transformer noise then blowed 20 amp internal ceramic fuse. I know air conditioners not microwaves! It has the grill also, could it be the problem? The store is no help. Raising 2 grandchildren alone cant buy another one right now, hope someone has some tips. I have great respect for your tech. help. Thanks!

Posted by on

  • cz52 Apr 02, 2008

    I believe the fuse i am talking about is the same one. Blows instantly, still has same problem. Thanks

  • Anonymous Apr 21, 2008

    I am no electrician, but I can put my own computer together from scratch with parts from computer supply houses. This thing just quit without any signs. It went like the house fuse had switched-off or blew, but did not.



    I suspect my Emerson fuse blew internally. Fort Knox is not as protected as this thing's rear end. If someone could please e-mail me instructions on repairing this fuse replacement, I would gladly compensate. Thanks.

    Rich_Hendrix@hotmail.com (423) 253-6249

×

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 185 Answers

Check your thermal fuse its about 2 inches long white on the outside black on the inside it has 2 wires going to it check for

cotinuity becareful of the capacitor you need to disapate that first by touching the two teminals together with a screw driver

Posted on Apr 01, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Blowes 20 amp fuse replaced it blue agane


If the microwave oven is 7 years old or less, the magnetron is shorted or the inverter board is.

Jul 01, 2012 | Sharp KB-6015KS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

On model mh1160xss-0 whirlpooll microwave the fuse blows everytime you turn on cook


The magnetron is shorted or the inverter board is defective if microwave is 7 years old or less.

May 16, 2012 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Emerson Microwave stopped working


Have 1 of 2 choices, the main fuse or the control board for the front switches and clock. primary of the small power transformer has opened. Unplug the unit and take case off and measure the fuse with an ohm meter. if u read 1 ohm or less then fuse is good. then measure across the main power plug tips. If read open then the power transformer is bad. Need to replace the board as not sure if transformer is available.

Jul 26, 2009 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Emerson Microwave Model # MWG9111SL keeps blowing fuses..


You have a shorted high voltage capacitor.

Here is a link you or someone you know can use to test it, but please read the safety info:
http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/cap_test.html

For more help from Emerson visit here or get help using your appliance at 1-800-898-9020. Get help locating a servicer or parts at 1-800-695-0098.

Emerson parts are distributed by Fox International and their number is 800-321-6993. Or you might try e-mailing researchdept@fox-international.com

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Nov 24, 2008 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Emerson Microwave oven and grill MWG9111SL


teashas_tasty_treats@yahooo.com

i have the same problem too! please help if you can.

Oct 25, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave emerson not turning ON


That makes it sound like a bad high voltage transformer.

Do you detect any burning smell?

Do the windings of the high voltage transformer seem blued or blackened?

They should be copper colored or maybe a little darker due to the varnish.

Apr 01, 2008 | Emerson MW8775W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Dead replaced fuse now makes loud noise


Yes that noise is causing your fuse to blow. Machine gun sound sounds like the High Voltage Capacitor or High voltage diode is bad. (Loud humming sound is usually a bad magnetron or bad power transformer). Most of these parts are inexpensive, except for the magnetron. But most of the repair bill is most likely going to be for labor.

Based on your model, it looks like an over the range microwave. And to fix any of these problems require the removal of the microwave from the wall. So its up to you if you want to deal with that hassle. But you also have to consider that you'll probably have a hard time trying to find a new microwave that will fit.

Mar 25, 2008 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave keeps blowing fuse


If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that\'s usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.



If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that\'s usually a failing high-voltage transformer.



Here are some links with info on part testing:



http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/cap_test.html
http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/diode.html
http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/mag_test.html
http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/xformer.html




You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by
entering your full model number here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383



Please write back with your brand and model number if you need further help.



We\'re happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 03, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Microwave keeps blowing fuse


If it blows the fuse as soon as you hit the START button, it's almost certainly a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it blows a few seconds after you hit the START button, it's probably the high-voltage transformer. You'll possibly also smell a faint electrical burning smell from the rear vent after you shut if off.

If it blows the fuse as soon as it's plugged in, you probably have a shorted door switch, a shorted varistor, or an internally exposed wire shorting to the chassis, etc.

Nov 19, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Microwave troubleshooting...


My GE spacesaver microwave all of a sudden stopped heating up things. The lights, fan, turntable, etc. work, but nothing is heating up. Any suggestions?

Oct 23, 2007 | Whirlpool GH8155XM Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LTM9000 Microwave Oven Logo

584 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

sonic boom...
sonic boom...

Level 3 Expert

1557 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...