- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is case of colored patches due to magnetic field,check and remove any magnetic thing close to the set, if the same problem is seen than switch off the set by main ON/OFF and switch on after about half hour,if still the problem remains than replace PTC used for de-gaussing,connected with de-gaussing coil mounted around the picture tube i.e electrically removes magnetic field every time TV is switched on.
Tube got magnetised. Re orient the TV in a different direction entirely opposite. Switch on TV, Switch Off. wait for 30 minutes. Again Switch on. Repeat at this interval. The auto de-gausing circuit will de-magnetise it.
Otherwise you have to degause it externally. Contact service center.
This is a common problem and is due to a fault with the screen's colour purity.
It can be caused by poor tv tube design, poor tv construction or poor component selection, but is more commonly caused by either the tv suffering a physical shock or if it has become magnetised due to having powerful loudspeakers within a few feet of the screen. Lightning can also cause the effect if close and powerful, but it doesn't have to strike the ground. Another cause is distortion, displacement or other faults with internal masks within the tv tube itself and these are not fixable but can sometimes be overcome by applying small external magnets to the neck of the tv tube.
The only DIY fixes are to remove any external unshielded magnetic sources such as loudspeakers (powerful loudspeakers need to ideally be no closer than six feet and preferably at least four feet away) and to try and demagnetise your tv. You can do the latter by turning the tv off (not just on standby: disconnect the power completely) for at least thirty minutes and then turn it on again for at least a minute. Repeat a couple of times to allow the tv's in-built de-gausser (de-magnetiser) to work.
If this doesn't work, the tv will need to go to a repair shop where they can use a professional de-gaussing tool and may also decide to make adjustments or additions to the purity magnets at the rear of the tv tube. A good tv technician can usually fix or at least improve the appearance of your screen and should be able to tell you whether the tv tube is not worth repairing. Solving difficult purity issues needs to be done at a tv repair workshop as it's one of those jobs which doesn't actually take long in terms of the amount of labour, but it's a job where the labour is perhaps a few minutes an hour spread over a day or two.
Modern plasma and LCD tv's work on totally different principles and do not suffer the same fault.
Fingers crossed that you fix your fault via the simple DIY method. Either way, I hope that you've found my posting to be of use and all I ask in return is for you to rate my answer.
I am assuming you are referring to irregular patches of color appearing in the display. The most likely cause is that the pic. tube and related hardware have become magnetized. The TV has a built in degaussing (de-magnetizing) system, but sometimes it is not enough, or is not functioning. You need a source of an alternating electromagnetic magnetic field. Technicians have a degaussing coil for this. I used to use a soldering gun and that would work if you have one. You would click it on about 4 feet from the set and then bring it closer to the screen while moving it in a circular motion. Keep the soldering gun a few inches from the screen and circling it around the perimeter. Gradually move it well away from the set before turning it off. I mention a soldering gun, but anything that provides a strong alternating field should work. You probably can buy a degaussing coil yet at Radio Shack. Go to youtube and enter "degaussing a TV". There are a few examples there, but the site was down as I write this. If this is not the issue there are other more serious problems internally. Good luck.
It could very well be it needs de-gaussed or possibly the PTC in the TV which de-magnetises the screen may be faulty. In the worst case the shadowmask part of the TV could be at fault which would mean replacing the CRT
This sound very simple. You might need to DEGOUES your tv. Try to find a small degouesing coil at a parts store. This will take 2 seconds to fix. Just plug in the coil and wave it in front of the screen, pull it away from the screen, and it is fixed.
You may have placed something with magnets near the bottom of the TV screen. Magnets will distort the electron beam in their vicinity. Move whatever you have there!
"de- gaussing" is the process of de- magnetising the shadow mask in the tube, it occurs automatically at switchon.
If removing magnets/ relocating TV / switching on and off does not fix the problem, it's time for professional intervention.
It sounds like the screen has become magnetized by the magnets in the speakers.
Inside all analog TVs is a device called a degaussing coil. When you turn on the TV for the first time (cold), the degaussing coil is energized for a couple seconds to demagnetize the screen and then it goes off.
You can purchase an external degaussing coil and demagnetize the screen youself. A degaussing coil looks like a small hula-hoop about 6-8 inches in diameter with a AC line cord attached. I've even made these coils out of long lengths of enameled wire, electrical tape and a line cord.
Once itas plugged into the wall outlet, you hold it close to the screen (1/2' away) with the hoop facing the screen and move the hoop in a circular pattern, covering all areas of the screen and slowly move the hoop away from the screen while still moving in a circular patten until your about 2-3 feet from the screen.
If you did it right, the color splotches will be gone.
It's possible that the coil in your set is bad. The coil is energized for a few seconds when you turn on your TV and then it shuts off a few seconds later. You can try turning on the set for around 30 seconds, and then turn it off. Wait about 10 minutes and turn on the set again. Doing this several times may let the sets internal coil (if its working) to demagnetize the screen. If not, you'll need to use a degaussing coil.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
My son touched my television screen with a magnet in two spots leaving two discolored areas on the screen,purple and green in hue. I read many quick solutions to this problem on the net and none seemed to work completely,so what i did is took the same magnet that touched the screen and held it in my fist,then with TV on i waved my fist all around the screen working from the spots outward to the edges and this worked completely! Hope this helps someone..