Waste ink absorber almost full-Canon S900 inkjet
It doesn't matter if you change (wash) the waste ink pad absorber or not, if you reset the error code il will work ok. The waste ink sponge can be full if you had a lot of cleaning done since using the printer, fact is that latest after the error appears the second time, you had to clean it.
1) Figure out how to open the printer by removing the side and inside top plastic panels. Just look at the thing and use your brain. Its all pressure clipped in place, no screws (at least on the S900 and similar models, probably still the same on this years models.) Look for slots and triangles on the 960.
On the i960 you'll have to remove the power buttons assembly on the front- take out the two screws, unplug the internal white electro connector plug CAREFULLY, then you can undo the last clip that holds the top in place.
2) No need to remove the ink cartridges in this process- so don't. The mechanism is held down in place in the case by two screws at the very bottom on the outside bottom of the metal chassis inside. Remove these screws then lift up the mechanism. It should lift out fairly easily, but remain attached by wires-- just place it on the top edge of the case.
3) You'll see the blackened (from waste ink) felt pads on the bottom. WEAR GLOVES-- this is skin indelible ink, the only thing that will get it off your hands is CLOROX. Period. There are two skinny pads that sit on top of a larger pad. Note how they fit together.
4) Lift the pads out and rinse out thorough in a sink until very little or no ink comes out. There's no need to use chemical or soap cleaners, just use plain water from the tap and the spray nozzle. Keep rinsing and squeezing the pads, but don't twist them like a towel, squeeze and fold in half however to really get the ink out.
Lay flat in the sun for a few hours to dry. Use a hairdryer to get the last bit of moisture out then replace in the printer, and put everything back together.
5) RESET the printer electronics, so you won't get the stupid "waste ink tank full" message any more.
WASTE INK TANK RESET PROCEDURE
Canon BJ F900, F890, F700, F500, S900, S820, S750 and S520
Turn off the printer.
Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
Release the RESUME button, then press and release the RESUME button two more times in succession. (youre still holding the POWER button during this). The printer mechanics will move momentarily.
You are now in Service mode.
Pressing the RESUME key will select a function; for example, pressing RESUME 4 times will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate color with each key press.
1. service/factory test printout, including ink sensor check
2. EEPROM info printout
3. EEPROM initialization
4. Clear the waste-ink counter
5. Printer model setting. (more selections beyond this- leave this alone)
After selecting mode, press the POWER button to commit the change, and return to the top of the function selection menu. Pressing the POWER button again turns off the printer for a restart.
Jan 13, 2008 |
Canon S900 InkJet Printer