Question about Gateway FPD1975W 19" LCD Monitor
The Ctrl-Alt-Direction key sequence is supposed to be used for changing your workspace. On my computer at work it changes the screen orientation.
Ctrl-Alt-Up - right side up
Ctrl-Alt-Right - 90 degrees
Ctrl-Alt-Down - 180 degrees
Ctrl-Alt-Left - 270 degrees
(If that doesn’t work, try Ctrl-Shift-R)
This is a feature in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. Which makes sense. But it looks like ATI Intel copied the keystroke for the same “feature” in their video card drivers. I can’t think of a good reason why I would need an always-on keystroke for this on a desktop PC.
When creating a keystroke-mapped feature that only 1% of your customers will want to use and the other 99% are going to be confused by, put in a menu option to disable it and have it disabled by default.
To fix the issue press Ctrl-Alt-Up. To permanently fix the problem go to:
Start >> Control Panel >> Display >> Settings >> Advanced
Where it is after that it dependent upon your video card.
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2011 | Northgate 17" LCD Tilt Screen Innovations...
Mar 01, 2011 | HP Pavilion F1503 15" LCD Flat Panel...
Nov 03, 2010 | ViewSonic E70f 17" CRT Monitor
Mar 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2009 | Samsung Syncmaster 17" 720N Monitor
Nov 08, 2009 | Dell Dimension 3000 PC Desktop
Jul 29, 2008 | Samsung Syncmaster 730B 17" Flat Panel LCD...
Jul 17, 2008 | ASUS VW193T Monitor
Jan 24, 2007 | LG Studioworks 700S 17" CRT Monitor
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: