After removing the seven screws, there is still something holding it together. I need to do what or how to take it apart. It will always shred on the left but not on the right side (power switch side) the reason why I am going inside is because something is loose or broke off. Could this be reason why it is not shredding properly? Do you know what could be broke off inside?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Probably the gears or other parts are jammed with the plastic and sticky substance.
Make sure it is unplugged. Then see how to take some of the unit apart. Many of these kinds of units will be held together by screws in deep indentations. You will need a screwdrive of the type of the screw-head. Remove the screws and then you can split the unit apart and see what the problem is. More than likely, it will be a matter of removing the sticky plastic jammed into the unit between the gears and or the rollers or other parts.
Disconnect the power cable and remove the cutter head from the top of the paper bin. Turn the shredder head upside-down and remove the screws holding the shredder head cowling together. Open the cowling and you will see the slot where the sensor fits (on one side of the paper feed slot bottom side.
Remove the waste bin, remove screws from inside that hold the cutting head onto the cabinet.
Remove the cutting head.
Turn it over and remove the screws from underneath, turn it back over and the top should then lift off to allow acess to inside.
Agreed, there is a seventh screw under the label, as wstrooper suggests. Press along the label and you'll find the tell-tale indentation!
Having taken it apart (a further 4 screws to remove the nylon housing from the base, and another seven to remove the nylon covering for the gears), it has revealas a stripped gear (the one nearest the motor), caused by too many sheets of paper being fed in.
This problem seems to repeat amongst several P70CM owners. Shame the motor doesn't have a cut-out if it hits too great a resistance, rather than strip the gear of its teeth.
For me, the problem was the sensor connections. I took the unit apart (7 phillips screws, I'm not sure why I didn't have to remove the 8th.) Then I took the paper sensor unit off (2 more phillips screws.) Then I removed the little black box that both sensor wires are connected to (1 more phillips screw.) Then I pried that box open with a flat head screwdrive. Some parts fell out. I put it all back together and it worked.
If you don't want to mess with it, just remove the two wires and tie them together. The unit will always be on when turned on to Auto, but that's better than not working.