Question about Sony Playstation 3 (40 GB) Console
My ps3 lets me login but freezes every time i try to load a game- offline play is unaffected though. What's going on?
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck
Posted on May 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 17, 2011 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
This is the 2nd most common problem
with PS3's. This isn't a bad problem. Your laser/lens will need to be
replaced. There are many videos on youtube if you would like to do it
yourself (I would advise you not to). I recommend that you find a
technician who has experience. There are many things that can go
If you do, you must disassemble your
drive and take out the laser to see exactly which laser you will need
If you can play your games OFFLINE just fine, then you may have a hard drive problem. You will need to try the above and then repost with your new findings.
Jan 30, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 23, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 31, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 23, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 08, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 04, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 17, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 03, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 (40 GB) Console
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!