Question about Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO Flatbed Scanner
Upon start up , I get a blinking red light instead of a steady green on the power button and doesn't scan at all??
There are a few reasons this might happen. 1) Check if the transport lock is in the locked position. Unlock the unit if it is locked.
2) An error occurred. Try restarting the computer, unplug the scanner, wait 10 seconds and reconnect the scanner. (This fixes issues where the software isn't running/fully loaded or the connection isn't solid).
Try a new USB cable and a different port. If you have a USB hub in the middle, try a direct connection. (Bi-directional communication is needed and this may show as an error if it is lost.)
3) Try unplugging the scanner from power and plugging it back in.
4) Try unplugging the optional accessories. If they fail, the unit may indicate a failure.
5) The lamp may need to be replaced.
6) Something else may have failed. Consider if it is worth having the unit serviced.
I hope one of these ideas helps.
Posted on May 16, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 06, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 28, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-42WE655 42" Rear...
Jan 03, 2010 | NEC NP-1000 Projector
Dec 09, 2009 | Mitsubishi XL8U Multimedia Projector
Oct 06, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 22, 2008 | Cell Phones
Jan 12, 2018 | Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO Flatbed...
Sep 26, 2017 | Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO Flatbed...
1,493 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!