Nintendo sharp xm1801-n arcade monitor doesnt work,replaced the capacitors
I have a sharp xm1801-n monitor that is in a nintendo red tent arcade game that doesnt work. i replaced the capacitors that came in a get well kit and the screen starts up static on the front but still no picture, the same thing it was doing before i swapped the caps. is there a possibility that the flyback transformer could be bad or the really big caps that are on the board that are not included in the kit. im mystified pls help
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That is s typical problem with monitors usually it results from power fluctuations. That means that the capacitors in your monitor have been burned out. The capacitors in your monitor have the ability to hold down the power long enough for your display. When you switch on the monitor, the power is kept in those capacitors so that you can see the display. Faulty capacitors will only hold down the power for a maximum of 8 seconds depending on how bad the capacitors. Here is the solution, open up your monitor using a flat-sharp object starting from the bottom splitting it out working your way to the top. You will notice finger-like structures that hold down the covers together and make sure you do not break one of them.. When you open it identify the circuit board where the power supply is connected, that is where the capacitors are located. Check for leaking or bulged capacitors, those are the faulty ones. Go and buy a new one and replace the faulty one.
I suggest you connect the VGA cable from the computer to another monitor or a laptop, just to make sure that your monitor's back light is faulty. If it does show on the other monitor or laptop, then the back light is really faulty. And i suggest that you get a computer technician to open it up for you if you can not do it yourself. Or you can get a sharp-flat object and open the monitor starting from the bottom of the monitor working your way round to the top. You will notice finger-like structures that hold down the monitor covers together. Make sure you do not break any of those. When you open it, check on the circuit board where you connect the power cable. Check for any bulged or leaking capacitors. Capacitors have a job to hold down the power from the source long enough for your display. For faulty capacitors, the monitor will either remain black with the orange light blinking, or it will display for at least between 2 to 8 seconds and then goes black. Buy the same type of capacitors and replace the damaged ones. Please not the polarity as you replace the capacitors.. Good luck
This means that the capacitor(s) in your monitor are faulty. On the board where you plug your power supply onto your monitor is where you can access these capacitors. Capacitors in your monitor have the duty to hold down the power long enough for the proper display on your monitor. Bulged and burned or cracked capacitors will only hold the power for less than 5seconds. Probably you have to get a Computer Technician to open it up for you. If you can, get a flat and sharp instrument and start splitting the two covers from the bottom, working your way round to the top. You will notice finger-like clips that hold the two covers together. When you access and identify the faulty capacitor(s) take note of its polarity(-)( ) so that when replacing with the new one, you maintain the polarity. This will definately solve your problem
That shows that your monitor has failing capacitors. Capacitors in a monitor are responsible for holding down the power from the supply so for a proper display on your monitor! What happens is that when you switch on your monitor, the capacitors hold power enough for a normal display on your monitor. This means there are failing capacitors in your monitor. The only solution to this is to replace bulged or burst capacitors. You can get a Computer Technician to do this for you or you can do it for yourself. Open up the monitor using a sharp flat tool (knife or anything like that) starting from the bottom, working your way round to the top. You will notice the finger-like plastic clips that hold up the two sides together. On the circuit board where the power supply is connected, that is where you are going to find the capacitors. Check for any bulged-head capacitor. Replace the capacitors with the same type of capacitors (for example 1000u 10v). Make sure when replacing it to note the plolarity (+ or -)
This a power failure normally caused by a capacitor failure. Capacitors in this case might be leaking, barged (instead of a flat head, the capacitor has a barged top). When you switch on the monotr, the capacitors are supposed to hold the power enough for the proper display on the monitor. In your case the capacitor(s) are malfunctioned.That is why they can not hold power for more than 5 seconds
Solution: Get a sharp and flat tool and open the monitor (starting from the bottom) working your way round to the top. You will notice finger-like clips that hold the covers together. Once you have opened it, check on the electronic board where you connect the power cable. Notice any barged-head capacitor, or leaking capacitor(s). If you find any, they have to be replaced. Get a Technician to do this for you if you can not.
Take a magnet and put your hand as a sheeld between monitor and magnet and wipe it away from right to left.ok
becarefull dont take it to near when the magnet is powerfull so it will remove the static colour
From your description, it sounds like the internal 5 Amp cartridge fuse is open. Will need to open the housing and inspect the fuse for failure. If located and failed, replace it and energize the monitor.
If the fuse fails immediately, you have a High Voltage power supply short and the monitor is scrap. It will cost more to replace the power supply/transformer than the monitor is worth.
Check to see if you can find horizontal and vertical sync controls. These would typically be small knobs or screwdriver adjustments on the edge of a circuit board or at the back of the monitor chassis. Try adjusting the vertical sync....rotate the knob back and forth two or three times to "clean" it...then adjust to see if you can get the picture to settle down.
Aging electrolytic capacitors are the most common cause of symptoms like this. You'll need the assistance of an experienced electronics technician to find the exact source of the problem.