a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here's how you would clear paper jam from your Brother HL 1430:
1. Remove the paper cassette completely from the printer.
2. Pull any jammed paper up and out of the printer.
3. Open the front cover and remove the drum unit assembly.
4. Pull any jammed paper up and out of the printer.
Do not remove the drum unit assembly with additional force at this
time if you cannot remove it easily. Instead, pull the edge of the
jammed paper from the paper cassette.
5. Open the rear cover and pull the paper towards
the back of the printer, the fuser may get dirty with toner powder and
may result in toner scatter on the next printed page or pages. Print a
few copies of the test page until the toner scatter on the printed pages
6. Close the rear cover and install drum unit assembly, close the front cover.
If you turn the printer off and then back on with a paper jam in it you will get this error message instead of a paper jam message. To clear the paper jam from the back of the printer read the instructions from here: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/000600/000096/faq000696_001.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc7420_all&Cat=11
If you turn the printer off and back on again with a paper jam in it you will get this error message instead of a paper jam message. To clear the paper jam from the back of the printer read the instructions from here: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us/en/faq/faq/000000/000600/000096/faq000696_001.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc7420_all&Cat=11
Found the solution with another model's manual - I removed the paper from the top, but hadn't realised there was a jam in the paper tray. It was only when pulling it out completely that I found it as below...
Jam at Registration Roller
1. Remove Tray 2 completely.
2. Clear the jammed paper from the printer's
3. Re-insert Tray 2.
4. Open front door A.
5. Remove jammed paper if present.
6. Close front door A
If the paper is jammed inside the machine follow these steps:
1. Open the front cover and pull the toner cartridge out, lightly pushing it down. 2. Remove the jammed paper by gently pulling it straight out. 3. After removing the jammed paper, make sure there is no additional paper in the paper path. 4. Insert the toner cartridge and close the front cover.
If the paper is jammed in exit are follow these steps:
1. Open and close the front cover. The jammed paper is automatically ejected from the machine. 2. Gently pull the paper out of the output tray. - If you do not see the jammed paper or if there is any resistance when you pull, stop and go to the next step. 3. Open the rear cover. 4. Carefully remove the paper by pulling in the direction. - If the paper tears, make sure that all of the paper fragments are removed from the printer. 5. Close the rear cover. Printing automatically resumes.
Before you can clear a "PAPER JAM" or "PRINTER JAM" error, you must locate where in the unit the paper is jammed.
First, unplug the machine for safety and disconnect the telephone
line. Next, follow these instructions based on where the paper jam is
Paper is jammed inside the paper tray:
Pull the paper tray out of the machine.
Pull out the jammed paper to remove it.
Reload the paper in the paper tray.
Reinstall the paper tray.
Paper is jammed inside the machine:
Remove the jam clear cover on the back of the unit. Pull the jammed paper out of the machine.
Re-insert the jam clear cover.
If you can not pull out the jammed paper, lift the scanner cover
from the right-hand side of the machine until it locks securely into the
Remove the jammed paper.
Check the print head's position. In the example photo the print head is positioned at the left hand side of the platen area.
Gently move the print head to the center.
Be careful to not force the print head to move. If the print head
is positioned at the far right hand side, you cannot move it. Please
contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Examine under the print head. If anything is found, remove it.
Use a flashlight if necessary to check thoroughly.
Lift the scanner cover to release the lock. Gently push the scanner cover support down and close the scanner cover.
Reconnect the power cord and telephone line.
To prevent paper jams, do not put multiple kinds of paper in the paper tray at the same time.
If the message continues to
appear on the LCD, the machine will require repair. Please contact
Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us".
Thanks for using FixYa. Before you can clear the error message, you must locate where in the unit the paper is jammed.
Unplug the machine for safety. Now follow these instructions based on where the paper jam is located.
1.Pull the paper tray out of the machine.
2.Pull out the jammed paper.
3.Reset the machine by opening the Upper Jam Clear Cover and then closing it.
If you cannot remove the jammed paper from the front of the machine, or the error message still appears on the LCD after you have removed the jammed paper, please go to the next step.
4.Remove the Lower Jam Clear Cover from the back of the machine. Pull the jammed paper out of the machine.
5.Put the Lower Jam Clear Cover back on. Make sure the cover is set properly.
6.Open the Upper Jam Clear Cover. Make sure that there is no jammed paper left in the corners of the machine. Note: If the paper is jammed under the print head, unplug the machine from the power source, then move the print head to take out the paper.
7.Close the Upper Jam Clear Cover.
8.Close the output paper tray cover and slide it forward, then push the paper tray firmly back into the machine. While holding the paper tray in place, pull out the paper support until it clicks and unfold the paper support flap.
Please do rate the solution and revert for further assistance.