- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think that range had a mechanical clock. On it, you have to set the start and stop time (and push or pull the knob(s) to activate it), close the lock lever, and set the temperature and function dial(s) to self-clean. Unfortunately, if your clock isn't working (which is a common failure on stoves this old), you won't be able to run the self-clean cycle.
To turn the Cooktop Lockout Feature OFF:
1. Press and hold (_ until "CLO" appears (Figure 3). Continue holding
until a second beep sounds (after 3 seconds). I_1will disappear from
the display indicating the cooktop may be used normally (Figure 4).
Note: Starting a Self-Clean cycle will automatically turn ON the Cooktop
Lockout feature. The cooktop will remain locked until the Self-Clean cycle
has completed and the oven door has unlocked. If a power failure occurs
after the Cooktop Lockout has been activated, you must turn OFF the
Cooktop Lockout feature before being able to use the cooktop features
It sounds like the controls have been placed into a lockout mode. If your model is a JGBP79 do the following: 1) Press the BAKE and BROIL HI/LO pads at the same time for 3 seconds until the display shows SF. 2) Press the SELF CLEAN pad. The display will show LOC OFF.
Now here is where the directions are kind of confusing, I will give it as they say it:
3) Press the SELF CLEAN pad again. The display will show LOC. 4) Press the START pad to activate the control lockout feature and leave the control set in this special features mode.
Seems to me if its locked already, you would just do steps 1 and 2. And if you wish to lock it do steps 1 thru 4.