Question about Computers & Internet
Your DV9000 has experienced what we call the black screen of death for most DV series laptops that have not had their motherboards serviced since new. There is a chip on the motherboard made by Nvidia and it controls a great deal of what happens on the 9000. This laptop has had a design and workmanship flaw since leaving production. The solder points on the chip are the weak link, it's not Nvidia'a fault, I would say it is the fault of HP for not listening to its customers and not realizing that they have failed the public miserably. Your motherboard has to be "reflowed" or replaced. It is cheaper to try and reflow the board, which is reheating the motherboard to allow the solder to flow and reconnect to all the connections on the chip. This usually does the trick 90% of the time. For the other 10%, the board will need to be replaced.
Posted on May 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2017 | HP Xb3000 Notebook Expansion Base And...
Jul 06, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Jun 10, 2009 | HP (350827-001) for Pavilion ZV5000,...
Apr 07, 2009 | HP Pavilion Notebook
Mar 14, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 14, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000t 15.4" Notebook Laptop...
Jul 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jun 03, 2007 | HP Pavilion ze4115 Notebook
169 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!