Question about Philips DVD Micro Theater Shelf System (MCD288) System
Thanks for using FixYa. It’s not easy to make the DVD Player region free however, you can try these two options to make it region free:
To start with turn on the player with disc as source and then press: Play 159 023 793 90 Play
If that does not work then try these step by step instructions:
1. Press DVD "OPEN/CLOSE" key (RM (remote Control) or main set) to open the DVD door (note: if no disc on tray, then no need to open the door);
2. Press RM "SYSTEM" key to enter DVD system setup menu;
3. Press RM "direction "key to highlight the forth item "PREFERENCE PAGE" (not entering the sub-item);
4. Press RM numeric key sequentially 811502(entry code, no display on TV);
5. Press RM "down direction" or "up direction" key to change REGION CODE,"0" is all code.
6. Press RM "OK" key to confirm.
7. Press RM "SYSTEM" key to exit DVD system setup menu
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Posted on May 16, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2011 | One For All URC-3021 Remote Control
Feb 19, 2011 | Philips Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 01, 2011 | Philips MCD288/37 DVD Micro Theater System...
Dec 07, 2010 | Philips DVP5990 DVD Player
Feb 26, 2010 | Philips Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2009 | Philips DVP642 DVD Player
Mar 05, 2009 | Philips DVP320 DVD Player
May 07, 2008 | Televison & Video
Nov 05, 2007 | Philips Audio Players & Recorders
287 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: