Brand new humidifier. When I fill the tank and put it together, it starts leaking after 15 min. Between the tank and the base. It often will drain the whole tank in 10 min. All parts seem OK and put together correctly. Any idea ?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello... this humidifier uses timer? then, some humidity has damaged the circuitry. Try to disassemble as far as your skills permit; then put the unit outside of home in a place where the sun and wind can dry this device. And try to use destiled water if is not expensive in your area.
The GE humidifier adds a continuous stream of cool mist intothe air, giving moisture to dry air due to cold weather or dry climate or tohelp those who desire additional moisture because of respiratory problems orallergies. Sold online and in many department or home retail stores, thehumidifier requires regular cleaning and maintenance for proper functioning andto help keep mineral scale or bacteria from growing in the humidifier.
·1 Connect the power cord on the GE humidifier firmly to a power outlet if thehumidifier is not working. Replace or reset the circuit breaker as necessary.Turn the power switch to "On" if there is power but the unit is notoperating.
· 2 Fill thewater tank to the "Fill" mark if the mist output is low or notpresent. Wait 15 minutes after filling the tank and before starting thehumidifier to allow the wick filter to absorb the water for proper function.Turn the humidistat knob to a higher setting for higher output.
· 3 Check the capon the water tank and close the cap firmly. Check the rubber tank cap ring onthe cap and reseat firmly to help provide a better seal.
· 4 Replace thewick filter with a new wick filter, available through General Electric, if thewick filter inside the base turns brown. Replacement parts may be ordered bycalling 877-207-0923.
· 5 Clean thewater tank with vinegar and a soft brush if the water begins to get cloudy.Rinse well before refilling with water. Use cold water in the tank, as warm orhot water may make the water appear cloudy.
· 6 Loosen thetank cap slightly if the humidifier cycles on and off unexpectedly. Turn theknob to a higher or lower setting.
Hunter carefree humidifiers use a reusable and washable wick this method of humidifying does not produce a fine mist like many centrifugal (cool misting)humidifiers.
The fact that it is producing cold air seems to indicate it is working.
However it would not hurt to check the water intake for blockages it also a good idea to run these models on high for several mins when starting this ensures that water is being pumped up.
Check if the cap has a gasket or o-ring and is not worn. There are two designs for this model. The older model has the fill cap and valve together. The new design the fill cap and valve are at different locations. The new design has no hole in the bottom of the unit. You can fixed the problem using a 1-1/2 inch washer for brass tubular found in the plumbing isles in HD or L. The rubber washer is 1 or 2 mm smaller then the grooves in the fill/valve cap. You can stretch the washer and it will fit perfectly in the grooves. When putting the fill/valve cap back with the washer, it will be tighter then before. Firmly turn and you should not have any leaks and make sure unit is level. You can plug the hole because the new design does not have a hole in the bottom of the unit.
On the Vicks v-3100 the water tank should lift off of the unit. Flip it over and there is a lid. Open the lid and fill the tank. Once you've filled it back up, put the lid back on. Flip the tank over to make sure there are no leaks, then put it back on the humidifier.
Note: It's very important to check to make sure the tank isn't leaking before you put it back on the humidifier, if it is, it will flood the reservoir, in turn causing water to leak out of the bottom of the humidifier (which is one of the major complaints about the 3100).