Welcome to FixYa! I'm the expert that chose your issue to resolve. Now let's get started. Office machines, for whatever reason, seem to be a lot more complicated than the ones you use at home. But, this should be an easy problem to fix. The process of putting in your required and company information is known as "registration" To complete your registration do the following:
- Press Function, then
- Data Registration, then
- Press set three (3) times. Your current settings will be displayed.
- Use the numeric keypad to enter the correct month, day, year and time in the following order: Year (enter only the last two digits), Time (use 24 hour time format i.e. 13:00 vs. 1:00, precede single digits with a zero (0) i.e 01:00) If you make a mistake press clear. Also, you can use the left/right arrows to move the cursor under just one digit and use the number keypad to change it.
- Press set two times. The display will show UNIT TELEPHONE, the TEL=
- Use the number keypad to enter your fax/telephone number (max 20 digits including spaces) If you want to enter spaces, press function, then space. If you make a mistake, press clear and reenter the number. You can also use the right arrow key to delete the rightmost digit and re-enter the number.
- Press Set twice. Unit will display UNIT NAME on 1st Press, then on the 2nd press a blank screen (not totally blank, it will have a cursor on the left and a A: on the right.
- Use the numeric pad (corresponding to letters printed on keys) to enter the company name (max 24 characters including spaces).
- Press Set (Unit will display TX TERMINAL ID)
- Press Stop/Reset to return to the standby mode.
Note: if you want to check that what you put in is what you want, you can print user data list. Here's how:
- Press function, then:
- Press report (unit will display ACTIVITY REPORT)
- Use up/down arrows to select USER DATA LIST.
- Press Set once, the list will be printed.
(information above from Canon)
That's about it....I imagine that in a busy office, it's hard to find time to read through a book just to do this stuff, but I have the time.
Thanks for using FixYa.com!
P.S. - If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
If it hasn’t, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further. I am at your service.