Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Something has blown but still have power

By mistake my daughter plugged in a wrong adapter into the iomega seagate barracuda 7200.11 500gb, the light still works but where the adapter was a higher voltage it has blown something. Is there a miniature internal fuse I can change or will I have to swap the circuit board with the switch attached, I'm a quick learner and have had apart but not opened the actual case on the discs thou. If do need to swap what is the circuit board model number and name where would I buy or is the problem more serious and I've lost all files.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 218 Answers

Well it is bad as to what has happend 80% chance that it has blown the internal board i have no idea of the make or model sorry 20% chance that it has blown the little board on the hard drive its self again can be replaced but its not simple and i don't know what hard drive is used in this model there is 2 ways to go from here u can try to replace the board then the other (you will see small black mark on one board meaning usaly its the board or what i would do is disconect the hard drive from the case and use it as a second hard drive for the computer ( its a 3.5 ince hard drive thats in the external) hope this helps and if you want anymore info then let me know

Posted on May 15, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm no longer able to retrieve data from external hardrive. Any attempt at copying and pasting from the Iomega to any of my pcs and laptops fails; only the icons themselves are pasted, no actual data. Also...


Iomega will charge you to recover thier drives, but if you open the Iomega case you will find a Seagate drive inside, Most likely a barracuda, Just go to WWW.SeaGate.com. Download Seagate DiskWizard or other free tools and follow the simple instructions to repair, Format,and or save the data on this drive..
Feel free to open the iomega case and you will find that it is a SeaGate drive, and unlike iomega
there tools r free and fully opperationel.

"I spent hours trying to figure this drive out and opend it up and found out today. but be ready to wait for the drive to be ready to use again. It is taking 4 hrs to repartition and format the drive.
I hope this works for u as it has for me.

Dec 14, 2010 | Iomega Prestige 1 TB USB 20 Hard Drive

1 Answer

Computer does not react to hard drive


I just solved this probelm on mine, You need to use Seagate DiskWizerd for these drives. They r Barracuda 7200.11 or 12 updated firmware and then used the Disk wizard provided by Seagate. Follow the instructions and u will be able to get full access to your Iomega drive.
You will also be able to reformat the drive so that u can use it on windows or use it as a drive to run windows...
I hope this helps you out..
"Hint" open and pull the drive from the case and u will see that it is a Seagate product, go to their site and download the fully free tools to fix your drive...

Nov 26, 2010 | Iomega Prestige 1 TB USB 20 Hard Drive

1 Answer

Hi there... suddenly my USB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 External Harddrive is not working any more... unknown device is the message of windows (WINDOWS 7)! The mistake code is Nr. 43! Could you please help...


Check that the power-brick is supplying power to the disk-drive.

Check that the "data" cable between the computer and the device is tightly connected, at both ends. Try a different cable.

Disassemble the casing, and remove the disk-drive, and connect it as a "slave" disk-drive in some desktop computer. If it is detected, then it is the USB-to-disk-drive adapter, inside the case, which has failed.

Search online for a professional "data recovery service".
For a large fee, they can repair your disk-drive, just long-enough to copy all your files to a working disk-drive.

Aug 20, 2010 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380011A 80 GB...

2 Answers

Hi my Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380011A 80 GB has crashed..and i want to recover photos in it, do you have any solution ?


the easiest way it to buy a usb external hard drive caddy, you then will be able just plug in to a usb port once you have installed the drive to the caddy which isn't hard to do.

Mar 19, 2010 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380011A 80 GB...

1 Answer

My seagate barracuda 7200.11 640gb iomega external hdd has malfunctioned (or so a bubble tells me when i connect it to my pc! it has not been moved or droppped or suffered heat damage. The power light...


If the hard drive has failed, which it sounds to be the case and it does happen even to new hard drives, and is still under warranty with Seagate, go to the following page to start a warranty claim for the drive.

You can also check to make sure your hard drive is still under warranty there as well.

Dec 14, 2009 | Iomega Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Not being recognized


Clicking is not good. You need to contact IOMEGA SUPPORT on their web site and run through the troubleshooting steps then call for possible warranty action. The clicking is consistent with a failed hard drive. If you can remove the hard drive to read the part number and serial number, contact SEAGATE on their web site and go through the troubleshooting procedure for a possible warranty replacement. All hard drive manufacturers will cheerfully replace drives still under warranty if you carefully follow their procedures. Good Luck!

Feb 23, 2008 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500 GB SATA Hard...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

129 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14161 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...