Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top Load Washer
Thanks for using FixYa. The issue is due to worn auger dogs or agitator bolt is loose which is required to be tightened. If the dogs are required to be replaced you may order online from the link---
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
Posted on May 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off - many Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator (earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire assembly out of the washer. (Some recent models allow just the top portion's removal to access these 'dogs')
5) Older models - place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once just the ratchet ***'y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All '4-dog' versions use the 285770 (or #80040) kit, regardless of the cam ***'y style. (Really old agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***'y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***'y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap's rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap's o-ring too - makes it easier to snap into place)
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 24042 Top Load Washer
Pull the liquid softener dispenser off the top of the agitator. Pull the clear plastic cap out of the center of the agitator. Use a ratchet and socket set to remove the hex head bolt from the center of the agitator. Lift the top half of the agitator out of the washer. Pull the bottom half of the agitator straight up to remove it from the drive motor shaft, and remove the bottom half of the agitator from the Cabrio washer.
Mar 22, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Mar 21, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Dec 14, 2009 | Whirlpool LXR9445JT Top Load Washer
Oct 10, 2009 | Whirlpool LSN1000LW Top Load Washer
Jun 19, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Apr 07, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jan 25, 2009 | Whirlpool LSQ9600L Top Load Washer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: