Question about GE 24 in. Profile PDW9280JSS Built-in Dishwasher
We have had our dish washer for two years now and it just will not clean the dishes well. i am actually unloaded it as we speak and the cups on the top rack have resedue stuck to the bottoms on the inside of each cup! plates still have food on them and my wife has said it has been this way since we purchased it!
Please help since i do not have another $1000 to spend on a different brand.
Five common causes:-
1. The dishwasher hasn't got any salt in, or the salt dispenser control is set too low. Even if your tablets/powder have a salt function, it's often not enough in hard water areas and supplementary salt must be added to the salt dispenser.
2. There is no rinse aid in the machine or the dispenser control is set too low. Supplementary rinse aid may be needed even with tablets/powder which claim to include it.
3. The dishwasher is not reaching the correct operating temperature. This can be due to a faulty machine, or by using low temperature washes inappropriately. Low temperature washes are only suited to very lightly soiled loads which have not baked/dried on. There ARE special low temperature tablets/powders, but they're designed only for specialised domestic machines with low temperature overnight wash cycles or for commercial dishwashers.
4. The filters/debris traps at the bottom of the machine are not clean.
5. You're using the "wrong" brand tablets/powder. In this instance "wrong" simply means that your machine just doesn't get on with the brand you're currently using. price has little to do with it; I find with my current machine that the market leading expensive brand works poorly but the ultra-cheap supermarket basic value brand works perfectly. Also it can be down to using a genuinely wrong tablet/powder choice as per suggestion #3.
Posted on May 15, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2010 | Dishwashers
Aug 06, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jun 20, 2009 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
Apr 24, 2017 | Jenn-Air 24 in. JDB7900 Built-in...
Feb 26, 2009 | GE Profile PDW8400J Built-in Dishwasher
Dec 06, 2008 | Tappan 18 in. MDR251RE Built-in Dishwasher
Apr 14, 2017 | Dishwashers
Jun 17, 2008 | Tecnik 24 in. TKD795/3 Built-in Dishwasher
Dec 01, 2007 | Bosch 24 in. SHU53 Built-in Dishwasher
Mar 06, 2007 | Zanussi 24 in. DA6141 Built-in Dishwasher
Apr 11, 2013 | GE 24 in. Profile PDW9280JSS Built-in...
342 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: