Question about Computers & Internet
I want to down load and play games on an external hard drive I have purchased and set up but a) I can't get downloads off the internet to go to the external drive and b) those games (hard copy purchased) I have transferred won't play from the external drive although when I look on that drive it looks to be there.
Posted by Anonymous on
1. If you have copied a particular game's folder to the external drive, go to Start menu > Programs.
2. Right click on the file name of the game.
3. Click on "Properties"
4. Go to "shortcut" page and change the "Target" path directing the EXE file to the folder in the external drive where you have copy-pasted the your game.
5. Click on "Apply" and "OK".
6. Now, try to start the game, and you should be able to play.
An alternate solution is given below.
In both the cases (internet game / purchased games):-
1. First plug in the external hard drive to your computer.
2. You will have to run the installation file of the game (both purchased and internet download) and select the folder path directing it to the external hard drive.
3. For some games, you may have to uninstall the existing game first to re-install and select the desire folder path (external drive).
4. Games will be installed in external drive and also available in start menu > programs > "your game".
Happy gaming! :)
Posted on May 15, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop Computer
Aug 12, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 12, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 10, 2011 | Atari Test Drive Unlimited 2
Oct 11, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2009 | Toshiba 250GB TOSHIBA USB 2.0 PORTABLE...
Apr 08, 2009 | Toshiba 250GB TOSHIBA USB 2.0 PORTABLE...
Jan 06, 2009 | Kanguru PC Clone Kit (KPCCLONE200)
Apr 13, 2008 | Western Digital 250GB ELEMENTS EXTERNAL...
Jul 19, 2018 | Acer Computers & Internet
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: