When I receive a fax , I only receive a blank sheet. Was having the same problem when I send a fax, distant end party would get a blank sheet,I change default setting to 9.6 and am able to send, but still getting a blank sheet when I receive a fax. Please advis. Thanks. Jose
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Problem Receiving a fax
How long have you had this problem? About a week or two? Check to make sure the date and time are set correctly. With this machine if they are not set correctly it can cause you to receive blank faxes.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is probably an issue for the receiving fax. Try this:
1. Find a piece of paper and write fairly large:
Call me if you get this
Your phone number
2. Send this to a different fax machine at a different company and location. If it works, then attempt to send it to the same fax you initially attempted.
- If it works then your document may be too large and you will have to send it over a couple pages (or less at a time).
- If it doesn't work then there is a compatibility issue with either your or the receiving end fax machine. You will have to find an alternative fax number to a different model fax machine. Don't expect the company on the other end to just change out their fax machine but they may have another model at a different phone number.
Another alternative - you can attempt to scan your documents and send them by email but check with your and the receiving destination security departments.
If you are able to receive fax and it is printed out fine, there is nothing wrong with your printer. If the other person is receiving blank fax, you may be placing the documents to fax in opposite way, If you are placing the paper upside ( with text ), try to face it down and fax. It should work.
* Please rate this solution with Thumbs up and Testimony to help us improve providing support
Note: check your equipment for: Fax machine must be connected to an answer machine Receiving a fax automatically: 1 Make sure the Fax Auto Answer light is on. 2 To set the number of telephone rings before the printer automatically receives faxes, Receiving a fax with an answering machine When a telephone ring is detected, the answering machine picks up the call. • If the printer detects a fax, it receives the fax and disconnects the answering machine. • If the printer does not detect a fax, the answering machine receives the call. 2 Set the answering machine to answer incoming calls before the printer does. For example, if you set the answering machine to answer calls after three rings, set the printer to answer calls after five rings. 3 To set the number of telephone rings before the printer automatically receives faxes.
No, the solution you provided I had already done. Problem is not solved as it was guarranteed, but I was charge for it and you still want me to purchaed the premium solution.? Get real!. my charge should be refunded..Very dissatisfied.