I have an older Micron Trans port Trek 2 laptop. I try to boot it up and when I push the on button, all I get it a half moon (sleep?) indicator light that blinks. How do I wake it up?
Comment by RangerRick, posted on Mar 30, 2008
Been there, done that! It doesn't do a thing, except blink the half moon symbol at me again. Any other ideas? ******** The screen isn't coming on. No windows, no picture, no lights, nothing but the blinking half moon on the top of the keyboard.
Still need a solution for this problem?
s4u311 Rank: Wiz Rating: 80%, 51 votes
u have press power on button again the ur pc will be on again thnx to using fix ya
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Im very sorry to hear that, please follow these simple steps for you to be able to isolate the exact problem.
1. Removed the battery.
2. Connect the laptop directly to the power outlet without using the battery just for the meantime.
3. Turn on the laptop. If the laptop is able to power on, that means that the AC adapter is working fine as well as the DC port. If the laptop is not able to turn on, it maybe the AC adapter itself or the DC port.
4. Try to use another AC adapter if possible, make sure that that AC adapter is working fine. If the laptop is still not turning on, the problem is with the DC port itself. In that case, you will need to replaced the Motherboard itself.
Hope this will help...Thank you for using Fixya...
This is due to the laptop failing the "Post" process. This symptom typically leads to a point in time when the processor overheated, and is therefore dead. Or the RAM in the laptop is bad.
1. To test the RAM; start by pulling it out and then putting it back in: This will test for an "Un-Seated" stick of RAM.
2. If the laptop still doesn't boot, then you need to test the RAM further by trading it out with a known "working" stick of RAM or have a repair professional do this test for you.
3. If you put in a working stick, and the laptop still won't boot, then it is safe to say the procesor is toast.
If the laptop is only about 1-2 years old, it is worth replacing the processor. If it is older than that, I recommend buying a new laptop and an external enclosure for the drive in the current laptop. That will give you access to your files from the old laptop.
Try following method to get rid of Black screen problem. 1) TAKE OUT YOUR LAPTOP BATTERY 2) REMOVE YOUR AC ADAPTOR CORD, that's the wall power, remove it. 3) NOW HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS.
The lightning bolt is used to indicate an electrical problem but then, you know that already :-(
Try removing the battery pack and start it from AC only; some battery types don't like to be ignored, they can have individual shorted cells.
I think it means that either the hard drive has failed, or that it is not detecting it. try downloading a program called Bart PE Run this disk in the CD Drive on startup. then find the option called command prompt. then type in the following as follows:
after this finishes, shutdown, remove the disc, and see if the laptop will boot now.