Question about Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
I have a windows xp and a windows vista laptop and I am trying to share a kodak printer but my laptop cannot find the printer. What am I doing wrong?
I will assumed your printer is connected to your windows Xp Computer.
1. On your XP Computer; install the printer as your local printer with all its drivers installed.
2. Go to your printer folder or your control panel and share the installed printer. XP shared wizard will assist you on this.
3. Make sure your installed printer on your XP is working. Go to properties and print a test page.
4. After insuring your printer is working properly; install the same driver on your Vista or laptop computer, first as a local printer.
5. After insuring that the printer is working properly as a local printer on your vista or laptop; You can check this by connecting the printer to your laptop and printing a test page.
6. Connect the printer back to your XP computer.
7. On your Vista Laptop; add a network printer; the wizard will assist you on this.
8. from the browse option on your wizard locate the shared printer name or the name you gave when you shared the printer on your XP computer. Normally it is in this format: \\Computer name server\printer name.
9. if the wizard was followed correctly you should be able to print from your Vista laptop. You have to choose however your network printer as your default printer in order to print to it.
Hope this help.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
First you should check if your kodak printer is shared, second is check both computers have the same gateway to shared both computers in the workgroup. third install your kodak driver in your laptop. and restart your both computers. if there is any problem just msg me. thanks!
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
Are they both under the same network? Can the pc find the laptop under network connections and vice versa? If not, then right-click my computer, go to properties, go to the tab 'Computer Name' click on the button change, and make it part of a workgroup of your choice of name. Do this for both making them part of the SAME workgroup.
Then, make your printer shared under that workgroup.
Posted on Mar 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2009 | Dell Studio 17 Notebook
Aug 06, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
Jul 11, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 20, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 04, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 02, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 for...
Mar 31, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 17, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 15, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
149 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: