Question about Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
I have a windows xp and a windows vista laptop and I am trying to share a kodak printer but my laptop cannot find the printer. What am I doing wrong?
I will assumed your printer is connected to your windows Xp Computer.
1. On your XP Computer; install the printer as your local printer with all its drivers installed.
2. Go to your printer folder or your control panel and share the installed printer. XP shared wizard will assist you on this.
3. Make sure your installed printer on your XP is working. Go to properties and print a test page.
4. After insuring your printer is working properly; install the same driver on your Vista or laptop computer, first as a local printer.
5. After insuring that the printer is working properly as a local printer on your vista or laptop; You can check this by connecting the printer to your laptop and printing a test page.
6. Connect the printer back to your XP computer.
7. On your Vista Laptop; add a network printer; the wizard will assist you on this.
8. from the browse option on your wizard locate the shared printer name or the name you gave when you shared the printer on your XP computer. Normally it is in this format: \\Computer name server\printer name.
9. if the wizard was followed correctly you should be able to print from your Vista laptop. You have to choose however your network printer as your default printer in order to print to it.
Hope this help.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
First you should check if your kodak printer is shared, second is check both computers have the same gateway to shared both computers in the workgroup. third install your kodak driver in your laptop. and restart your both computers. if there is any problem just msg me. thanks!
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
Are they both under the same network? Can the pc find the laptop under network connections and vice versa? If not, then right-click my computer, go to properties, go to the tab 'Computer Name' click on the button change, and make it part of a workgroup of your choice of name. Do this for both making them part of the SAME workgroup.
Then, make your printer shared under that workgroup.
Posted on Mar 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2010 | Routers
Apr 05, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Dec 20, 2009 | Routers
Nov 05, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Mar 21, 2009 | Belkin Routers
Oct 19, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Aug 30, 2008 | 2wire 1800HG Router (RG1800HG00)
Feb 14, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 21, 2008 | Belkin (F5D5231-4) Router
Oct 31, 2007 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
May 08, 2014 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: