When mine said FT-02 it wasn't flashing or anything, but I pressed the cancel button and after it said "initializing" for a sec it went back to normal. FT-02 is some kinda test mode for the manufacturer, I think.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Page 55 of the user manual shows a way you may be able to 'reset' the player back to factory defaults and/or if a parental lock has been set and the password is unknown/forgotten:
* Press the STOP button on the front of the unit while you press the STOP button on the remote control-keep pressing both buttons for approximately 3 seconds (until the 'padlock' icon disappears from the front panel display). Release both buttons (the player should be unlocked). If that doesn't work, try resetting the DVD/VCR (instructions are listed below).
* Reset the DVD/VCR: on the front of the unit, press and hold the STANDBY/ON button while you press and hold the STOP button-wait at least 3 seconds before you release both of the buttons.
You'll need to set up your menu preferences because this Reset Procedure returns the DVD/VCR's menus to the factory default settings and also erases the disc library.
power off your dvd, disconnect the plug from the power source and then reconnect it again. Power on the unit again and try to resume normal operation. If it cannot still play a dvd much less a cd, then you need to have it repaired. At the most, the flex needs to be replaced or your lens is damaged in which case it needs replacement. Try also locating for a reset button on your unit. Just press the reset button if there is one on your dvd player for about 5 seconds to restore it to its original factory setting
TThe player does not play this type of dvd disk! only pre-recorded movies and CDs Try hooking Up a player that plays DVD+ and DVD- disks!Hope I was of help!
(please use The ratings to keep this site free!)
Get into the Service Menu by entering 1397139 on the remote control like you did before and restore the original factory-set values stored in flash-memory back the way they were. One you do this your unit will function properly again. firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE, and wait for the tray to open.
2. Use the remote control to input digital key '1', '1', '1', 'l' in that order. Kindly leave a few seconds between each entry, the microprocessor is slow with these entries. 3. Press number '7', '8' or '9' to display the current region code of the DVD player. OR 4. Press any number of '0' to '6' to set the required region code. The OSD will display the new region code of the DVD player. 5. Region '0' will be the setting for multi region 6. The region setting will be saved in the FLASH memory. 7. Press OPEN/CLOSE again, the DVD player will return to normal operation.
You can try reseting the unit. Reset the set to the default factory settings: All the information stored (programmes, time and date) will be lost. 1. Disconnect the set from power supply. 2. Press and hold down "STANDBY•ON" on the set and reconnect the set. 3. As soon as "IS TV ON?" is displayed, release "STANDBY•ON."
Hopefully reseting it will clear whatever problem it is having and allow you to once again use your DVD player. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
I would verify that connections between the DVD player and the TV; then go into your DVD’s control panel and re-set to original factory settings. I would also make sure that your TV’s settings are set to the correct connection settings as well.
It would also be nice if you included the make, and model of the DVD player and which connections are you using to connect to the TV.
If you have the original remote and the unit wont let you in the menu, then Try first ti reset the machine by unplugging it for 24 HOURS. If that does not reset the microprocessor then the eeprom IC or the microprocessor is bad.