Question about NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Router
I have Comcast cable modem. The router was working great for about 2 hours when all of a sudden it stopped working. Modem is fine when I connect directly to computer but signal no longer get to the modem. I replace the cable and still same probllem. Any ideas?
follow the below steps to configure your router:
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router(isolated port). 2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that THERE IS NO DIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN THE MODEM AND THE COMPUTERS (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable). 3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections. 4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox). 2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com. 3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive). 4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section. 5. Click Apply. 6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
Hope this allows you to resolve the issue. If you need further assistance then let me know.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
I was banging my head for 2 days with about 35 different configurations and finally tried the following and it worked just fine. Also, tried connecting 3 computers and they all connected with "NO" issues. Even connected wireless with "NO" issues. Now I am at 20mb download speed...J compared to AT&T 1.5mb download speed.
This is my DLINK model -> (DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Home Router Wireless router)
1. Reset your Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem by unplugging it for 5 minutes.
2. Then reset your DLINK Router to the manufactures default settings. Then Unplug DLINK Router for 1 minute then plug it back in (Just plug your cat5 cable into port 1 and connect it to your computer) there should not be anything else plugged into the DLINK Router at the time you make the changes. Just 1 computer can be connected.
3. Went into the DLINK configuration 192.168.0.1 and changed the PPPOE setting that I was using for my AT&T Modem to Dynamic IP (DHCP). Once you make the changes save them and then unplug your DLINK Router it's off.
4. Turn on Comcast Surfboard Cable Modem and wait until all lights are on. Now plug in a cat5 cable from the Surfboard Comcast modem (NOT A CROSSOVER CABLE LIKE THE CD INDICATES) to the INTERNET port of your DLINK Router. Now turn on your DLINK router.
5. Then turn on your computers or restart them and it will pick up IP Addresses from your DLINK Router
Jun 08, 2010 | D-Link Wireless N 150 Home Router 4Port...
Jan 16, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless...
Oct 22, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Jul 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 08, 2009 | Blitzz Technology Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Feb 08, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Dec 04, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Sep 29, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Nov 14, 2017 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
Mar 18, 2012 | NetGear WNDR3300 - RangeMax Dual Band...
307 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!