Question about Bose 3 2 1 GSX System

2 Answers

I mistakenly plugged my 110V system into a 220V outlet.

Posted by on

  • dlubanga May 14, 2010

    Still need help on this: I mistakenly plugged a Bose 321 GSX III 110V into a 220V outlet.

×

2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 11,800 Answers

The power source has been fried. You will gonna have to dismantle it to test everything, starting with the main high voltage capacitors and the power transistor and replace  the faulty parts.

Posted on May 14, 2010

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 8,619 Answers

Hi


Thanks for using FixYa. Please let me know what is the result of plugging 110V system into a 220V outlet? However it depends on how it’s built and any of these might happen:

1. Most electronics units are designed to work with both the voltages and it might work fine.
2. It might short out its own fuse. Please don't try to bypass this safety feature. Some electronics have fuses in case of voltage spikes.
3. It might blow a circuit breaker.
4. If it is not one of the above cases, then it could overheat, catch fire or otherwise be destroyed.


Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.


Thanks
Rylee

Posted on May 14, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

What is required to use it as far as electrical outlet.


Dryers come in both 110V and 220V.
If you plug a 220V dryer into a 110V socket, it will run very slow.
If you plug a 110V dryer into a 220V socket, it will burn up.
If you can find a 220V extension cord, then you should be able to use it.

Mar 08, 2015 | Dryers

1 Answer

I accidentally plugged in my pulmoneb in a 220v outlet


plugging a 110v device into a 220v outlet is not likely, as the plugs are a different configuration. In the event that you somehow managed to do that, your device is probably fried, as that would be to much voltage. Hate to say it; but you are probably gonna need a new one

Nov 27, 2012 | DeVilbiss PulmoNeb Compressor Nebulizer...

1 Answer

How to use it if we have 220V outlet?


If the AC unit is 110V then you must plug it into a regular 110V outlet. You cannot plug it into the 220V outlet. Either get a bigger 220V unit or use a 12 gauge extension cord to get it to a 110V outlet.

Sep 06, 2011 | Haier Mechanical Air Conditioner HWF05XC7

1 Answer

My Dell Laptop was working fine in 220V country, when i moved and try to use it in US (110V) the charger LED is ON but once i plug it in the laptop it goes off and the laptop is not working. i even tried...


So two different devices, each with their own charger, don't work in different power outlets in different rooms? How about if you plug a light into the same outlet. Does the light work? Does it dim when you plug the charger into the laptop? If so you have a bad electrical system, either a loose wire or bad outlet.

Jul 15, 2017 | Dell XPS M1330 Notebook

1 Answer

What will happen if I plug my 110V tv into a 220V receptacle?


If you want to fry your electronics or appliances that's it's a sure way to accomplish that.
While appliance working ONLY at 220v will just not work or under perform (like a hair drier) when plugging electronic equipment that runds ONLY at 110v then that item will be "fried" as all its electric components will be burnt as it will receive twice the power that it was build to receive. Should that happen the safety switch on the 220v circuit where the item was MISTAKENLY plugged will be triggered (hopefully or there will be risk of fire and serious injuries, even death) and the power will be shut off. That's a major but possible mistake.
If traveling abroad those who come to US will unlikely damage their appliances (like electric razors) as they will receive less power (110v vs 220v) and usually these items are protected against these mistakes by the specifications of their own design. The opposite is not true of course as just mentioned above.
So do not play around with dangerous items please! ;) On a positive note though: Nowadays most appliances have dual power and should work whether plugged in a 110v, 60Hz (most common in US) or 220v 50Hz (most common in Europe). So nothing really happens... it just works as long as you have the proper adapters to plug the appliance to the different receptacles.
Note: One of the differences is that (without going into the math of it all), an appliance working at 110v will draw x2 times the power than it draws when working on 220v so if an appliance was drawing 3A at 110v it will only draw 1.5A when working at 220v.
Best.

Jul 05, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

My system 110v mode i am connect 220v now not working my be what is the problem


your power supply is shorted.. make sure to connect your new power supply to the actual voltage .. 220V is for 220V input PSU.... if you connect your 110V PSU to 220V outlet... it will fry your power supply..

May 24, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 Motherboard

1 Answer

Plugged my US made PC into a 220v outlet!


Hi
You need to change power supply unit. You can find a guide with screenshots here

May 03, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC

1 Answer

Plugged my computer into a 220 outlet!


You burned the Power supply you don't need to switch motherboard out just knew power supply. And in the future there is a switch located on the back of them that will make them a 220v powersupply. But usually only a high end PC for gamers will need that so just put in a new powersupply and you should be good

May 03, 2009 | Logitech R-20 Computer Speakers

1 Answer

110v - 220v power short problem


No major worries. Only "Fuse" would have gone. You can get this replaced with some good electronic repair shops. Might charge you around Rs. 100 (else Rs. 500 since it is a "US return" item :) )

Mar 08, 2008 | Panasonic SC-HT895 System

Not finding what you are looking for?
Bose 3 2 1 GSX System Logo

Related Topics:

212 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Bose Audio Players & Recorders Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74136 Answers

Electro Med Services...
Electro Med Services...

Level 3 Expert

6694 Answers

Ben Armstrong

Level 2 Expert

334 Answers

Are you a Bose Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...