Question about Sony PSP-3000 Silver Console
Based on your concern, I suggest trying the following steps:
1. Connect the PSP to your PC with a USB cable.
2. Press the "home" button on the PSP
--> at the lower left of the screen you can see the home button.
3. Use the left-right directional buttons to find"Settings", then the up-down buttons to find "USBConnection" on the PSP.
4. Press the "X" button, your PSP should display"USB Connection".
5. Please wait until your computer tells you that a new USB devicehas been connected, then show you a new generic hard drive, usually E: or F:
6. Click on the drive letter that corresponds to the PSP unit.
7. Now look for ISO folder then copy your desired game (ISO file)into the folder.
8. When you're done copying your desired games, press the"O" button on the PSP to get out of USB connect mode.
9. To play the game, Use the left-right arrows to move to the gamearea, then the up-down arrows to find "Memory Stick". Chose thatfolder by pressing the "X" button again, and you should be able toplay all your favorite game!
Hope it helps,
Thank you for using FixYa,
Posted on Feb 04, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Download the free program DosBox for PSP (see Resources). Save it to your PSP's memory stick under the "GAMES" directory. To do this, insert the memory stick in your PC's memory stick slot, or connect your PSP to your PC via the mini-USB cable provided by the manufacturer. Using Windows Explorer, open the memory stick or PSP and then navigate to the "GAMES" directory.
Install the PC games you want to play on your PSP's memory stick. When the PC game install wizard asks where you want to install the game, direct it to the "GAMES" directory on your memory stick. It should then create a new folder within "GAMES," where all of the PC game's files will be located.
Insert your memory stick into the PSP or disconnect the PSP from your PC. Start the PSP, and go to "MEMORY STICK" on the main menu. Scroll down until you find DosBox listed and start the program.
Type "cd/games" using the PSP's virtual keyboard option at the DOS prompt. (Hit the circle button to bring up the virtual keyboard.) Then type "cd/" followed by the name of the game directory for the game you want to play. Finally, type the name of the executable file (".exe") listed in that directory. Your PC game should start.
Troubleshoot your individual PC game by experimenting with the various game controls. Since the PSP obviously has fewer inputs than a PC's mouse and keyboard, you may have to use trial and error to discover how to play your game successfully on the PSP.
May 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
There are two ways to install games on your Sony PSP (Play Station Portable).
The legit way is to buy original UMDs and insert them in your PSP and game on.
For the not-so-affluent, you can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on your PSP and thendownload games off the internet and copy them to your PSP and play them.
Play ISO / CSO Games on your PSP
1. Install Custom Firmware:
- There are scores of tutorials on the net on how to do this. The easier way out would be to go to any console shop, and get your PSP modded with CFW for around Rs. 200 / $5.
- A detailed tutorial on this coming up soon.
2. Download the Game ISO / CSO.
- Next, search for the game you want, and download the ISO / CSO of the game from torrent sites or any warez forums. Most of the times, the ISO / CSO is compressed into a RAR file so you will need to extract it first using WINRAR.
3. Copy the ISO / CSO to your PSP
- Connect the PSP to your computer using the data cable and goto Settings > USB Connection.
- Open your PSP drive in My Computer, and goto the ISO folder. If it isn't there already, create a new folder and rename it to ISO.
- Copy your ISO or CSO files to the ISO folder and disconnect your PSP from the computer.
4. Play the Game on your PSP
- Goto the GAME icon > Memory Stick and select the Game you just copied. Press 'X' and game on.
1. You need to have CFW (Custom Firmware) installed in order to use ISO / CSO games on your PSP. The latest version of CFW is 5.00 M33-4.
2. The latest PSP 2004 with TA 088 v3 chips and the PSP 3000 aren't moddable yet.
May 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Feb 19, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Aug 17, 2010 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Apr 26, 2010 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Jan 07, 2009 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Slim...
Dec 07, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: