Question about Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
You can try the steps below. Its from PlayStation Forum:
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
If the above steps still does not solve the problem, then I think will have to update your Ps3.
Update your PS3 (in the settings menu the 1st option).
Go on the internet browser on the PS3 then go on the menu press triangle then on one of them there are delete cookies and the delete the others as
well as cookies.
You could also try this as well: put the PS3 on then press the eject button (with no disc in) then hold it and switch the PS3 off at the back with your finger on the eject button still holding it, then put it back on and the fan test should be working this may cool it down. It might be over heating.
But if your problem is not still solved, then maybe you should call sony for further assistance.
I wish you good luck
Posted on May 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2015 | Facebook Social Network
Nov 14, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 09, 2012 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 15, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 04, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 02, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Click here to reset your password from a PS3™ system.
Click here to reset your password from the PSP system.
If you do not have this information, you will need to call Consumer Services department and speak to a representative to reset your password.
Consumer Services Department
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM Pacific Time
Sunday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM Pacific Time
If you have changed your password using a computer and had set your PlayStation 3 or PSP system to automatically sign-in, the auto sign in will fail. The PlayStation 3 or PSP system will prompt that the password is invalid, at that point go to the sign in screen and enter the new password you have created.
Oct 09, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 17, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 01, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: