Question about Compaq Keyboard
To activate StickyKeys
Press the Shift key five times. A dialog box opens with instructions on how to set up the StickyKeys feature.
If you click OK, an icon (a group of squares) appears in the notification area.
To turn off StickyKeys, press the Shift key five times.
Hope this helps you......
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2016 | Logitech Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2012 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
Jul 26, 2011 | Lenovo G550 Notebook
How to fix Keyboard problems:
1. Due to wear and tear, the keys for certain characters on a keyboard will wear out. This happens for more commonly used characters. If the problem is due to loose or improper contact, you can try to fix the key back. If this does not work, you can replace the key with a new key purchased from a computer store. Love your keyboard by handling it gentle.
2. Sometimes the keyboard drivers can get corrupted. You need to change them or test the driver.
Go to My Computer :::>Hardware:::>Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Hardware:::> uninstall keyboard. Restart the computer, the keyboard should get reinstalled automatically.The keyboard should start working again. If not so get keyboard drivers by updating windows or manufacturer web site.
Always use computer or antivirus protection - run a free computer antivirus scan or any other anti-virus since virus can corrupt system files. get one now!
3. Try to swap the keyboard with another keyboard which works properly on another computer. If the alternate keyboard has the same problem, there may be a problem with the keyboard circuit on motherboard.
If the alternate keyboard works properly, check if the keyboard cable is properly connected, whether wires in the keyboard cable are connected properly.
4. Open out the keyboard and check if the keyboard fuse is working. If the fuse has blown, replace it with another fuse of the same rating and size.
5. If you spill water or any liquid on the keyboard, switch off the computer immediately. Unplug the keyboard, turn the keyboard upside down and keep it out for drying either in the sun or under a fan. If some other sticky fluid has been spilled on the keyboard, use a moist cotton swab or ear bud to clean computer or wipe away the fluid. Only when it is completely dry, (it will take a minimum of 24 hours depending on the weather), connect the keyboard back to your computer.
6. For USB keyboard change the USB ports or unplug the keyboard from the USB port then plug it back until it responds or detected. Usually the keyboard led(indicator) lighting up should show a successful connection.
7. Set the speed of character repeatation. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
8. Set the blinking rate of cursor. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
9. Go for a typing course or tutorial on how to use keboard features.
10. For discolouration or fading of white keyboard. Use good computer cleaners,soft cloth, whiteners or vinegar mixed with water to keep the original white colour or clean. don't use bleach or rough material to clean. disconnect the power supply. switching to good black keyboard can comfort you.
Dec 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Apr 28, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite P105-S9312 Notebook
Nov 04, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGP-WKB1 Keyboard
May 25, 2009 | Gateway MT3705 Notebook
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: