Question about Cameras
I have a Canon powershot sd700- if I erase a picture by mistake, can I retrieve it?
Yes, you can! These photos are highly possible to be recovered as long as you take the right steps before it is too late.
First things first - Stop using the camera to take more photos immediately! Then connect the device where your lost images located to a PC which has installed photo recovery software. If you are running Mac, go to Mac photo recovery software.
Remember - DO NOT write anything back untill you recover the photos safely. Once the photos are overwritten, it is impossible to recover. Best regards.
Posted on Oct 16, 2011
Once you accidentally erased the pictures from camera memory, it is just like clearing the recycle bin or Trash of your computer. But that doesn't mean you have lost the files permanently as you can rely on recovery software to get them back if possible.
As to recover deleted pictures, recommend you have a try of Wondershare Photo Recovery, a program which can recover lost pictures, videos can music with both Windows and Mac version, you can free download the program from the sites,
(For Windows Users)
(For Mac OS Users)
1. Download and install the trial version on your computer, then connect your camera memory card to the computer (I assume you are using Windows). Start Wondershare Photo Recovery and select the drive letter that assigned to camera memory card.
2. Then choose the file type (all, photo, video, music) click "Star Scan".
3. Now the scanning process will start automatically to look for the deleted items. You will then get a list of all recoverable ones.
4. Preview the photos. If your deleted ones are found, then you need pay to get the activation code. And click "Recover".
1. Take the free trial version before you buy.
2. Before your deleted items are recovered, do not take more photos or videos.
I hope you good luck, Merry Christmas!
Posted on Dec 23, 2010
Yes, it is absolutely possible for you to restore your erased pictures as long as they are not overwritten yet. So, from now on, you'd better immediately stop using this camera in case that any newly taken photos will overwrite your erased pictures and make them gone forever.
And then, in order to save these photos back, you'd better select a proper photo recovery freeware for your camera, such as
iCare Data Recovery Free
Or 4Card Recovery
All of them are really free and can work much more efficiently than some paid ones.
Note: In the future, I hope you can always be careful about your data and always back up all important data.
Posted on Jan 09, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2010 | Canon PowerShot A570 IS Digital Camera
Jun 19, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SD500 / IXUS 700 Digital...
May 07, 2010 | Canon PowerShot A95 Digital Camera
Jul 09, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A520 Digital Camera
Jun 17, 2009 | Canon PowerShot S230 / IXUS 179 Digital...
Jul 26, 2008 | Cameras
Jun 24, 2018 | Samsung Cameras
227 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!