Question about Apple iPod touch
When turning on it prompts for a password. We have forgotten it. We have an apple ipod touch 8gb.
I assume you mean passcode. This is an easy fix.
You must put the iPod to DFU mode and then restore it thru iTunes.
Follow this steps to put your iPod to DFU mode: (please read everything first before executing)
1. While the iPod touch is turned "ON" connect it to the PC.
2. Once connected, turn it "OFF"
3. Press and hold the home button and the power button for 10 seconds.
4. Release the power button but not the home button.
5. Keep holding the home button until you hear your computer beeps, telling you that it recognizes a USB device was plugged in. This means you need to release the home button once you hear the PC beep. make sure you can hear every sound coming from your PC.
Note that your iPod's screen must not have any display while in DFU mode, only blank screen.
If any picture ever show up, just repeat the process until you get it right.
Once you're successful in putting your iPod to DFU mode, you can then restore it thru iTunes.
Just open iTunes and it will tell you that it recognizes your device in recovery more. Just click on restore.
Wait until the restore is complete and your problem is solved.
Note: Do not remove USB connection while in DFU mode or while restoring, keep your device plugged in.
For more iPhone / iPod touch tips, click here.
Posted on May 14, 2010
You can follow this steps to solve the problem
1) Connect the iPod Touch
2) Press and hold sleep+home until the device reboots.
3) Keep holding until that "please connect me to iTunes"-screen appears
4) iTunes says something about having detected a touch in recovery mode. Allow it to do its thing.
If you get the -18 error, proceed:
5) Disconnect the iPod Touch
6) Close iTunes
7) Reconnect the iPod Touch
8) iTunes launches and shows message as in step 4, but this time, the recovery will work
Posted on May 14, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2014 | Apple iPod touch
Jun 10, 2013 | Apple iPod touch
Apr 08, 2013 | Apple iPod touch
Apr 11, 2011 | Apple iPod Touch 8GB 32GB 64GB 3rd...
Jan 15, 2011 | Apple iPod Touch 8GB 32GB 64GB 3rd...
Apr 03, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Jun 01, 2009 | Apple iPod touch
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!