With your Lenovo G530 Laptop there are different reasons why you're computer is not detecting the built in web cam. Let me give you some of the reasons for this issue. One possible and most common reason is, camera is turn off/disabled. The other two might be, no webcam software installed or driver needs to be installed. To help you with your webcam concern kindly follow the folllowing steps:
1. To enable/turn on camera:
- Press Fn + Esc buttons to enable your camera. To determine if it's enabled or disabled you'll see a camera icon at the lower right side of your scree. If the camera has a slash it means camera is disabled, if none it means enabled.
2. To check if there's webcam software installed look for Easy Capture
. These are the softwares for your webcam. You may see the icons for these softwares on your Desktop or when you go to All Programs
>> Click on Lenovo
folder >> then open YouCam
folder >> finally you'll see the Cyberlink YouCam
All you have to do is to click or double click on the icon and it will run the software so you can use the camera.
3. If the last two steps still did not help you with the problem. You may try to reinstall the driver for your webcam. And here's how you can do it.
- Kindly click this link to go to the site where you can download the driver for your camera.
- Just look for Camera and you'll see the available drivers.
- Make sure to select the driver's name that is compatible to your PC's Operating System.
- Then, you'll have the option to download the driver. Just click on the download link.
- Once driver is completely downloaded, install it.
- The system will prompt you to restart your PC after complete installation.
The link I have above can also be used if you wanted to get the software of your webcam as well. Just look for Software and follow the steps I have give for the driver. This should help you fix the concern.
Thank you for using Fixya.