Question about GE WBSR3140DW Top Load Washer
Washer won't aggitate. Drum will not spin.
Here is a tip that will help you with the not spinning or agitating problems....
Washing Machine does not Pump or Spin
Posted on May 14, 2010
Maybe your drain pump is clogged with debris: In my case it was a nylon sock. It is easy to remove the pump and take a look.
1) Unplug your washer from it's electrical source, close off the water lines at the source that go in to the washer, unscrew the water hoses from the back of thewashing machine, have a towell ready - a small amount of water will be in those hoses.
2) Remove clothing from washing machine and remove all the water out of your washer, Shop Vac works well for that.
3) Tip washer on about a 90 degree angle and from below you will see a small pump beside the drive belt. there is a small electrical connection (similiar to home theater plug ins) just unplug it.
4) Unscrew the 2 small stabilizer screws (very small stainless screws)
5) Unscrew the 3 longer brass screws (this is what holds the pump to the botom of the washing machine). Again, have that towell or a bowl ready, there is residual water in that pump.
6) The pump will just come off after the screws are removed, you may have to pull down slightly.
7) Look up in to the hole where the drain pump was, if there is anything dark in that area there is your issue.
Remove the debris, follow the steps above in the reverse order to re-attach the pump to the washer, and that's it!!
I have had this happen twice: the first time, I had to use needle nose pliers with a fish hook to fish it out past the elbow of the drain pipe, the second time it was right at the hole and simple to pull out with my fingers.
Posted on Apr 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2011 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jun 12, 2011 | Whirlpool LSR5132PQ Top Load Washer
May 08, 2011 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Nov 25, 2009 | General Electric WHDSR209DWW Top Load...
Jun 24, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6451 Top Load Washer
May 30, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jul 20, 2008 | Fisher and Paykel IWL12 Top Load Washer
461 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: