Question about GoVideo Go Video DVD/VCR Combo
If you know you're using a readable disc, clearly the drive is the source of the problem. It's possible that the drive's laser has become dirty to the point that it can't read the disc. Open the drive's caddy and spray into the drive with compressed air. The blast of air should blow away any dust buildup over the laser. Pop a disc into the drive and try to read it again.
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
1. Purchase or borrow a lens cleaner disc and try it first. You can find
these things really cheap at any large department store. They usually
get the job done well. However, you may need to clean the lens manually if the store-bought cleaner fails.
2. Remove the outer casing of the DVD player. Remove the screws that mount the top casing onto the bottom of the DVD player and slide the top casing off. This will expose the DVD deck, which houses the laser pickup lens.
3. Find the lens. The lens will be glass and under the DVD clamp. The lens will probably have a blue tint to it. If you are having trouble finding the lens, you could shine a light on the components and watch for the reflection.
4. Use a cotton swab and some isopropyl alcohol to gently wipe the lens. Just a quick scrub will do. Dry the laser pickup lens with the other end of the swab.
5. Give the lens a few seconds to dry and replace the covering of the DVD player. Test the efficiency of the player. If necessary, repeat the process.
Let me know if this doesn't work and we can try other options to get it working.
Thank you for using Fixya and Good luck.
Posted on Apr 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2014 | GoVideo VR3930 DVD Player/VCR
Jun 23, 2012 | Emerson EWD2003 DVD Player/VCR
Oct 30, 2010 | Samsung DVD-R155
Jun 15, 2010 | GoVideo Go Video DVD/VCR Combo
Mar 12, 2008 | Samsung DVDR120 DVD Recorder
Dec 25, 2007 | GoVideo Go Video VR3840 DVD Recorder/VCR
180 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: