Question about Roper RGX4634KQ Gas Dryer
This is commonly caused by a broken dryer belt. If the model number is correct, you can access the belt by performing the following steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer and remove the lint screen.
2. Remove the two screws that were under the lint screen and lift the top panel.
3. Unplug the door switch conector plug and any ground wire that may be installed on the casing.
4. Locate the two screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side in the cabinet interior.
5. With the door shut, lean against the front panel and remove the two screws that hold it in place. Once the screws are removed, grasp the front panel at the top center and lift straight up to remove.
You should now have complete access to the dryer interior. If the belt is broken, this may cause the idler pulley (tensioner) to come loose. This is normal with no tension on the pulley to hold it in place. To install a new belt (if required) and re-install the pulley, follow these steps:
1. Loop the drive belt around the dryer drum with the groove side facing the drum. (Try to line the belt up with the wear marks already on the drum from the previous belt).
2. With the tensioner in your left hand, insert the clip end of the idler pulley into the grooves on the dryer bottom casing with the idler wheel pointing to your left. (The grooves are directly in front of the drive motor.)
3. While holding the tensioner in place, insert the belt UNDER the wheel with your right hand and pull it up and over the drive motor pulley.
If this does not explain it well enough, you can also verify by going to repairclinic.com. Click on the Repair Help link and look for the "Dryer Belt Diagrams" link under the Special Features section on the next page. Look for Whirlpool and refer to diagram H.
You can also view a diagram of your dryer here:
NOTE: If you still have the teflon glide type tensioner, Whirlpool recommends you replace it with a conventional roller type idler pulley. The teflon type tensioners caused premature wear to the drive belt. A replacement pulley can be ordered on line at any of the following websites:
The part number for a replacement belt is 341241 and is listed as item 56 in the drawing I provided. The part number for a replacement idler pulley is 691366 and should look this one posted here:
NOTE: You can view helpful exploded view diagrams at the first the 3 sites on the list.
Once you have the belt installed, re-install the dryer front panel by holding it as you did previously. Line up the holes on the inside bottom edge of the front panel with the small mounting cleats on the front edge of the side panels. This can be done by yourself, but an assist may make it easier. Once you have the front panel in place, lean against it to hold it in place and install the mounting screws.
NOTE: Don't forget to reconnect the grounding wire and door switch connector plug. Without the door switch connected, the dryer will not run. Lower the top panel back in place and reinstall the two screws.
NOTE: Placing a piece of duct tape over the dryer vent chute will help safeguard against dropping anything down in the blower fan assembly. If you drop any screws down the chute, you will need to remove the dryer back panel to retrieve them.
If you have any questions about this repair, or if your model number differs from the one you have this question listed under, please post back with your correct model number and let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on May 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2017 | Blade Saws
May 02, 2015 | Saws
May 12, 2014 | Frigidaire AGQ6700F / AGQ6700FE Gas Dryer
Nov 15, 2012 | GE Dishwasher & Dryer Interlock Switch -...
Mar 20, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 29, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
May 10, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jan 19, 2009 | Admiral AW22 Top Load Washer
Jan 26, 2012 | Roper RGX4634KQ Gas Dryer
272 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: