Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional
You can create a shortcut key for a webpage but it will require atleast a combination of three keys to open the page. (for eg: CTRL+ALT+A or CTRL+SHIFT+A)
Assuming you are using Internet Explorer, to create the shortcut:
1) You will first have to add the website (eg. www.Google.com) to your Favorites.
2) Then in the list of Favorites, right-click on the Link for the website and select Properties.
3) Then, in the Properties menu which opens, under the Web Document tab, you wil find a box for Shortcut Key (See attached image)
4) Move the cursor to the Shortcut key box and now press CTRL key and the box will show CTRL+ALT+
5) Type any other alphabet like for example, A and click Apply. Close the Properties menu by clicking OK.
6) Now to open this website, you will have just to press the combination on CTRL+ALT+A
Hope this solves your problem. For more help and clarifications, please feel free to reply to this post.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on May 13, 2010
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2015 | Dell Dimension Computers & Internet
on Feb 06, 2011 | Google Android
on Sep 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2012 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jan 01, 2012 | Google Chrome
on May 25, 2010 | Cell Phones
Sep 08, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jun 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 04, 2010 | Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: