Question about Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
Sorry to hear about the dryer not heating. There are a few things that could cause this issue. I will list each of them here, if you have access to a volt ohmmeter I can walk you through how to determine exactly what is bad.
I would need the full model number from the tag just inside the unit for this.
These are the likely suspects as of now, in order of most likely to least likely:
-Improper voltage, the dryer only needs 120 for the motor, but needs 240 for the heating element to work, be sure both sides of the circuit breaker are on and not tripped, make sure the right power is going to L1 and L2 on the outlet at the wall behind the dryer (I can assist with checking this if you have a volt meter)
- Thermal Cut off, in addition to the thermal fuse there is a cut off that will trip if the venting or lint filter gets clogged. This cut off is located on the burner box just past the heat element and in series with the high limit thermostat
- Hi limit thermostat, this device is right next to the heater and can go bad
- Operating thermostat, this can fail open and cause no heat
- Timer, the heating contacts in the timer can be bad
- Motor, even with the motor running there is an internal switch that has to sense the motor is running, if this switch is bad it can cause a no heat
Let me know if you have the tester and we can go from there.
Posted on May 13, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2011 | Dryers
Mar 09, 2011 | Kenmore Elite HE3 Steam 8676 Dryer
Feb 24, 2011 | Dryers
Oct 16, 2009 | Kenmore 62802 Electric Dryer
Sep 01, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Jun 20, 2009 | Dryers
May 25, 2009 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
Mar 07, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Dec 09, 2008 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: