Question about Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Kenmore Calypso washer, has debrise and small clothing in basin, how can I disasenble to acess and clean that lower plastic tub, that holds the wate?
1. UNPLUG THE WASHER.
2. Open the washer top. Look along the front seam of the washer where the top meets the front. There are a couple of retaining clips (about 2" in from each side) that you will need to push in on with a putty knife while gently lifting up on the top to get the top to release. Carefully open the top and lay it back in a resting position. Make sure you support the lid so it doesn't fall open when you tilt the top back. NOTE: I would recommend using duct tape to keep the lid closed and gently place the top against a wall for support. Use a towel between the cabinet and wall to prevent any damage to painted surfaces. This also reduces the strain on the top panel supports.
3. Remove the tub ring. This is the plastic donut shaped ring that sits on top of the wash tub. There will be a tab on either side of the outer tub near the back that you can use a screwdriver to release the tub ring. The ring is filled with fluid and is used to balance the tub. So, if you hear liquid sloshing around, this is normal.
4. Remove the wash plate center dome from the wash plate. This is the center cone on top of the wash plate. Use a flat blade screwdriver and insert it into any of the slots available along the sides. Gently pry until it pops off. I say "gently", but you may have to use a little muscle to get it to come off. Sometimes they stick. Once the center cone is removed there will be a series of nuts under it.
5. Remove the nuts and the main wash plate should lift out, exposing the inner wash plate. This is another cone shaped device located under the main wash plate. Remove the inner wash plate, using care not to damage the gasket under it. It is common for clothing to become tangled in the leveler or u-joint under this inner wash plate.
6. When all required maintenance is complete, reinstall the inner wash plate, ensuring the gasket is seated under it. The inner wash plate is keyed and should only install one way.
7. Insert the main wash plate and insert mounting bolts. Use a criss-cross pattern when tightening to ensure all bolts are tightened evenly and the gasket seats properly.
8. Reinstall the center dome on the wash plate by snapping it back in place.
9. Reinstall, the balance ring on the wash tub.
The following is a parts list of the most common items that may require replacement when you experience erratic motion of the wash plate, and/or clothing becoming damaged or entangled:
Wash Plate Dome
Main (Outer) Wash Plate
Inner Wash Plate
Inner Wash Plate Seal
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 15, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Apr 20, 2010 | Washing Machines
Aug 19, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
May 11, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Mar 17, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Mar 08, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jan 14, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Sep 30, 2007 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
206 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!