When I install the D7260 printer using the CD-Rom supplied it works fine. Then after a few days only the top two or three lines of the first page are printed and, after a long pause, the sheet comes out....
Many issues are caused when the HP Photosmart is connected to computer using a USB cable before the HP Photosmart software is installed on the computer. IF you connected the HP Photo smart to your computer before the software installation screen prompts you to do so, you must follow these steps.
Troubleshooting common setup issues :
1) Discoonect the USB cable from the computer.
2) Uninstall the software (if you have already installed it.)
3) Restart you computer.
4) Turn off the HP Photosmartm wait one minute then turn it on.
5) Reinstall the HP Photosmart software.
If your installation is incomplete, or if you connected the USB cable to the computer before prompted by the software installation screen, you might need to uninstall and reinstall the software. Do not simply delete the Hp Photosmart application files from your computer. Make sure to remove them properly using the uninstall utility provided when you installed the software that came with the HP Photosmart.
To uninstall from a Window computer and then reinstall
1) On the Windows taskbar, click Start, Settings, Control Panel (or just Control Panel).
2) Double-click Add/Remove Programs (or click Uninstall a program).
3) Select HP Photosmart Driver Software, and then click Change/ Remove.
Follow the onscreen instructions.
4) Disconnect the HP Photosmart from your computer.
5) Restart your computer.
Note : It is important to that you disconnect the HP Photosmart before restaring your computer. Do not connect the HP Photosmart to your computer untill after you have reinstalled the software.
6) Insert the HP Photosmart CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM drive and then start the Setup program,
7) Follow the onscreen instructions and the instructions provided in the Setup Guide that came with the HP Photosmart.
Nov 09, 2009 |
HP Photosmart D7260 Printer