Question about Computers & Internet
If the PC posts
(power on self test) and you see stuff on the screen, no matter how short , do the following: (this checks for a software problem)
· when booting up press F8 and when you get to the menu, boot up into safe mode,
· then restore the pc back to a date before you had the problem, and/or remove any program you installed prior to you having the problem,
if that don't work Try
· a boot-able anti virus disc use it to check for any viruses , if not
· try a recovery disc, or operating system disc ,
· both disc's will try to access the hard drive. if they do not work,
· (nothing has changed) nothing comes on the screen.
if PC does not post: (then it is a hardware problem)
· Remove any hardware you may have installed prior to you having the problem.
· remove the ram and clean the gold edges both sides, with rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser,
· and re-insert them, (not an ink eraser as it will do damage)
· swap them around if you have more than one, try one at a time.
· if you only have one, borrow one from a friend or try the ram in your friends laptop ,if that's possible,
· or take the ram to your local pc shop and ask them to check it for you (they may do that for you)
· if you can establish that the ram is ok, and recovery /system disc's do not work, then it is most likely, that the motherboard has failed .
· Generally a dead hard drive would not stop the PC from posting.
good luck with that and let me know how you get on.
Posted on Apr 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2014 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 16, 2013 | HP Pavilion a1410n (ER890AA) PC Desktop
Aug 22, 2012 | Acer Aspire X1 Ax-1430g-uw30p Slimline...
May 16, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2010 | MPC Computers ClientPro 365 PC Desktop
Mar 31, 2010 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Dec 14, 2009 | HP Pavilion a1010n (PS563AA) PC Desktop
192 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!