Question about Kenmore 80402 Microwave Oven
My microwave (Kenmore mod 665.69687992, over-the-range, with fan) developed a tube running down from the magnatron inside the unit. It seems to be the result of the cover on top, inside, melting. The tube is the same color as the cover and inside the tube is a dirty-looking brown liquid deposit. This happened this weekend when people were visiting and I do not know the cause (ie, what might have been heated to cause this). This unit is one that was fixed in 2002 as part of the recall.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Important: Does it sound any louder or quieter when cooking than it used to?
If the magnetron's getting hot, you're getting high voltage.
Chances are it overheated and the magnet cracked.
If the internal cooling fan (usually separate from the vent fan) fails, that will allow it to overheat, too.
If it's within the magnetron warranty period, Sears will cover the part, but not the labor to visit you or do the work.
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on May 24, 2008
Test the high voltage capacitor,
the rectifier diode.or the magnetron. If all this are fine, test the control board.
If it additionally does not spin and no light, then check also the door switch and fuse.
The diode and capacitors can br tested. The capacitor must be allowed discharge before testing, or you risk to get electrocuted, even if power is off. Capacitors can get discharged by shorting their two contacts.
Replace the magnetron if the checks and all of the high voltage component tests are good, but the unit still does not heat.
All locations, and description of this parts can be located using the diagram here: Counter top.
Parts must be tested to find out what is wrong.
Remember that microwaves are potentially dangerous devices if not repaired properly, the job must be done by a competent person.
A microwave energy leakage test must always be performed when the oven is serviced for any reason.
Regarding parts, contact the seller here to purchase parts. (here in UK).
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Loud hum is usually due to faulty hv diod, resonance capacitor, or the magnatrone feed thru capacitor , chk it with a ohm meter , one by one n replace it .. zaheer Islamabad
Posted on Dec 31, 2009
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2016 | Kenmore 8504 Over-The-Range Microwave 1.7...
Aug 28, 2015 | Kenmore Elite Over The Range Microhood...
Aug 10, 2014 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jan 23, 2012 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Aug 31, 2009 | Frigidaire Over-the-Range Microwave
May 24, 2009 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
Mar 04, 2009 | Kenmore 80412 Microwave Oven
The problem is likely on the control panel, which we repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
This often can affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inopoerable or stuck on.
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and
disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Oct 13, 2007 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: