Question about Televison & Video
Before we proceed, i would like to share some Details.
Universal Remotes are NOT Universal in Real World. They could Operate a Set of Brands for which they were programmed. You might have seen when Universal Remotes were introduced , there were 3 Digit Code, then there were 4 digit Codes and then 5 Digit Codes. I could tell you many Brands are still not covered by these Remotes.
If you have the User Manual for the Remote,Check the Code List. If this Brand is NOT LISTED, this Clearly indicates that this Universal Remote was Never meant to Handle this Brand.
You never mention the Model Number of the Remote unless i should have checked the same for you.
There are Few Questions that ONLY Comcast could Answer :-
1. If this Brand is not Under the Code List for this Remote, How they Referred these Codes?
2. Have you tried Manual Search Option? It would ONLY work, if the Brand is Listed under the Remote Model Database and the Codes are not Working.
Note - If the Brand is not Listed, all the efforts would remain in vein. In the end, you need to Opt for a Universal Code that have this Brand under their Database.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 12, 2010
What you want to do is look in the user guide for a manual entry method it usually involves turning on the device you want programmed press and hold a couple buttons and than scroll through frequency's until the device turns off at which point you save it and have it programmed if you need the user guide for the controller we can get it for you as well
hope this helps
Posted on May 12, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2011 | Televison & Video
May 03, 2011 | Televison & Video
11866, 10054, 10030, 10706, 11990, 11963, 11913, 11904, 11525, 11365, 11198, 10802, 10230, 10187, 10186, 10179, 10096, 10036, 10028, 10024, 10020
Philips TV codes with Comcast Universal remote control are:-
10054, 10037, 10690, 11483
1. Turn on the TV
NOTE: Please read steps 2 to 4 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before moving on to step 2.
2. Press and hold SETuntil the Red Light blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Locate the code for your device in Manufacturer's Codes on the back of this user guide. Brands are listed in alphabetical order with the most popular codes listed first.
4. Enter the first five-digit code for your TV. If you perform this procedure correctly, the Red Light will blink twice
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 5 with a valid code.
5. Aim the remote control at your TV and press Power once. The device should turn off. If it does not respond, repeat steps 2 to 4, trying each code listed for your brand until you find one that works. If it still does not work, try Searching For Your Code
Jan 02, 2011 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV
May 05, 2009 | Emerson EWD2003 DVD Player/VCR
Aug 28, 2008 | Televison & Video
Dec 17, 2017 | Televison & Video
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!